Casual sex

What is your take on casual sex?

• Do it! Get laid whenever you can.

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • Against it. Save it for someone special you will marry.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No to sex for fun, but I have no problem with premartial sex if both are committed.

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Psycho

According to a page I cannot link here because a mod will severely kick my ass ;), the correct sound should be:

*shlick shlick shlick*

:headbang:

AlladinSane

Weel, this thread had gone so far, but I think I can still give my two cents.
First, I voted for option three, but I don't think you may only have sex with someone you love(I mean true love). In example I had sex with a woman whom the best definition I could give is 'friend'. We both have been kicked by our partners and we started a 'temporary' relationship. We helped each other get over our previuos relationships and re-gain our self esteem. I don't think love is a must have for sex, but it sure makes it better. I still think it's a form of showing affection and it can be given to soemone you likes but not love. More important is being honest and respectul to the other one. Also remember that friendship/companionship is a kind of love too...
As for the kisses, they're not seen as greeting over here, but while it's not tongue and it says something I don't think I would be so upset about it. Once, a girl broke with me and was pissed, so she started seeing another guy. I went to talk to her and we put things straight. So we gave each other a "goodbye" kiss-on-lips. I don't see a problem in it, and if I was the guy that was with her I think I would feel the same way...
Last, I would like to say, while I've had casual sex before and I don't regret it, I've changed and I don't think I could do it in these days...
LLwhile I don't agree with your option, I respect you for it and admire you for admitting it...

ekahs retsam

I say DO IT as much and as often as you can!

Be safe though.. and be sure not to let them think a relationship is going to happen when you know full well it isn't.

make no promises, break no hearts

i like virgins and those of less expereince better because they can be trained and don't already have bad bed habits.

Professur

ekahs retsam said:
I say DO IT as much and as often as you can!

Be safe though.. and be sure not to let them think a relationship is going to happen when you know full well it isn't.

make no promises, break no hearts

i like virgins and those of less expereince better because they can be trained and don't already have bad bed habits.

But they still have their gag reflex too.*chomp*

I stated at the beginning of on of those that it ws "strictly platonic, good sex, and nothing else". Evidently, it was better sex than even I thought, as I wound up getting a dozen long stems at work, and another dozen at home.

That breakup was ugly.

tank girl

I'm posting rather late on this thread, but I thought I'd offer some of my input anyhow. Couldn't be bothered wasting my time by reading the entire thread but I get the gist of it.

I can't choose any of those categories you provide...

It might have been (3).... but then I do say yes to sex for fun!!

Sex is fun, its meant to be fun, we are programmed to want sex theres no point in trying to repress that in others or supress that in ourself however morally superior one may consider themself to be.

There is no way I would discriminate against those that have sex for the "fun" of it...thats purely an individual choice. And that freedom of choice is important in order to reach an understanding (well for the more intelligent of us at least) that the best is yet to come, and that best is best found within the comfort of a relationship.

I see casual sex as self-defeating in the sense that it merely limits your potential - by denying oneself the experience of sensational sex with someone you love in exchange for empty sex on its own accord (however one might justify it as responsible, consensual, "fun", casual or whatever) because in that situation there are no guarantees, and inevitably there will be a limited experience that is nothing compared to the Reciprocality involved in an actual partnership .

There is, undeniably, no greater fun to be had than where both partners are commited (married or not) relationship.

In this situation sex is undeniably 10 (thousand?) times greater than sex on its own - It's impossible to match making love to someone who is not only your sexual partner but also your best friend.

There a multitude of guarantees which come with sex in a loving relationship . Take for instance the prospect of regularity, reliability, trust, safety, pleasure...the opportunity for improvement gives the entire thing a whole new dynamic because it actually means that sex can only get better every time as progressively you learn more and more about each others bodies...

Most importantly I think that you can't REALLY appreciate and develop a full awareness of the value and potential of that sort of sex - not to mention of your own personal sexuality - without having the personal experience to give you the means of comparison to do it with.And that way, you can't love your partner more when you know yourself how empty and not to mention BORING sex can be where there is no real conection there.

I don't think that a partnership means marriage; because you don't need a piece of paper or a bible to attain a meaningful commitment with someone providing your love is real.

I don't think that it means that you must stick with one partner forever either - (people change but the important thing is to be with someone you are right for and who is right for you).

I don't think you can truly appreciate what you have when you find something special in someone if you don't have other things you've personally experienced to compare it with.

You'd never fully appreciate the quality of a good wine if you'd never tasted a bad one, now, would you?

Jeslek said:
Its just physical pleasure. Nothing more! Without the emotional and psychological bond, sex is empty in my opinion. I'd much rather take my girl skydiving then....

that insight is brilliant, by the way. just thought I'd mention that ;)