Catie Couric interviews Sarah Palin

spike

She's completely incoherent.

COURIC: Why isn’t it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries? Allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy? Instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

PALIN: That’s why I say, I like ever American I’m speaking with were ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the tax payers looking to bailout.

But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up the economy– Helping the — Oh, it’s got to be about job creation too. Shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americas. A

And trade we’ve got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive scary thing. But 1 in 5 jobs being created in the trade sector today. We’ve got to look at that as more opportunity. ALl those things under the umbrella of job creation.

This bailout is a part of that.

WTF?

Kinda sounds like this.

chcr

Too cute for words
She's an idiot. Everyone knows it (except 'peel) whether or not they wish to admit it. Hell, McCain was counting on it. I think he seriously believes that most women are no smarter.

spike

McCain Camp insiders say Palin "clueless"
Capitol Hill sources are telling me that senior McCain people
are more than concerned about Palin. The campaign has held
a mock debate and a mock press conference; both are being described as "disastrous." One senior McCain aide was quoted as saying, "What are we going to do?" The McCain people want to move this first debate to some later, undetermined date, possibly never. People on the inside are saying the Alaska Governor is "clueless."

http://wegoted.com/

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Why isn’t it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries?

Because it's not Constitutionally mandated. It's not the governments job. End. Period. Finito.

2minkey

bootlicker
Because it's not Constitutionally mandated. It's not the governments job. End. Period. Finito.

yep. it was a dumb question (and assertion-within-a-question). but that's not what this thread is really about.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I appreciate the link to the interview (even though it's Katie) I wanna watch it. I disregrded Hannity's interview for the same reason I watched Gibsons with a grain of salt...agendized pap.

jimpeel

So Couric's question could have just as easily couched as "You have been associating with Senator McCain for nearly a month now; can you give me specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?"

So WTF was she supposed to say besides "I'll get back to you on that one."?

How many people here have known someone for nearly a month and had any idea of their past work history? She is a governor, not a congresswoman or senator. She has better things to do -- as have all governors of all states -- than to sit around researching the past work history of someone they have ever met. They are concerned with the affairs of THEIR STATE and that over which they have control. They have no control over the federal government or its functions.

You people expect too much too soon so it is no wonder that you are in a constant state of disappointment.

Cerise

Amazing how anyone can take shots at Palin and say nothing of Obama, who is the most unqualified candidate to be nominated for president in recent memory.

When forced to discuss issues sans teleprompter, he’s proven to be incoherent, inarticulate, and uncomfortable to listen to.

Libs dislike Palin because she’s a conservative, she’s a Christian, she gave birth to five children and didn’t abort any of them, she’s pro 2nd amendment, she hunts, she doesn't possess the scholarly polish and sophistication of an east coast liberal, she didn’t go to an ivy league college, she doesn't vacation in the Hamptons, she’s pro Iraq war and has a son fighting in that conflict, she has common sense and she, like most conservative women is attractive, unlike most democrat women, who fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Palin's record of executive experience and achievement make her more qualified than Obama and Biden who have never supervised or managed anything larger than a senate staff.

For any rational person, an attack on Palin of this nature only magnifies the necessity of electing McCain----since the alternative is Obama.

Has Kathleen Parker's opinion that women are turning away from Palin and they are facing condemnation for doing so actually been documented, or is she just a pandering tool?

CBS New anchor Katie Couric ordered staff to drop all references to "Governor" or "Gov." from her interview with Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.
In fact, at no point during the broadcast interview does Couric refer to the GOP vice presidential nominee as "Governor."

2minkey

bootlicker
and then one might ask when you are going to talk about palin without trying to produce criticism of obama.

sorry, but there's little doubt that obama is able to put together coherent narratives on a wide range of issues. there is no doubt that mccain is able to do that either. just like they did last night in the debate. no fireworks, but no major gaffes either. no doubt biden can string together a coherent statement either, despite his prickliness. nope, there's only one person in this election that is largely being kept away from the press by the mccain campaign, that thinking conservatives are embarassed by. that's palin.

"oh no such high standards."

hmmmm i wonder how sarah would have done in an interview with tim russert. prolly not so good.

Cerise

nope, there's only one person in this election that is largely being kept away from the press by the mccain campaign, that thinking conservatives are embarassed by. that's palin.

Palin to the Media: No. Because you suck.

Why do you say she's being kept away from the press? What are Chuckles the Clown Gibson and Katie Couran? Potted Plants?? And don't forget the Hannity interviews. I believe Greta had an interview too.

Palin fielded questions in NY last week :shrug:

080925_palin_vogel.jpg

2minkey

bootlicker
no one is taking the hannity hug as an interview. she's being kept from the press. it's widely known why. you seem unwilling to accept what is obvious. pardon me if i discount your opinion accordingly.

there's no one in this election that is particularly inspiring. but there is one that is particularly frightening.

hey thanks for posting that picture by the way. was that her first time in NYC?

Cerise

and then one might ask when you are going to talk about palin without trying to produce criticism of obama.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe because Obama has been running for PoTUS for 2 years and we don't know anything about him?

Forget for a minute how the media looks the other way when any criticism surfaces on Obama.

Does being "able to put together coherent narratives on a wide range of issues"
make him qualified to be PoTUS?

The Obama File

The Audacity of Truth