Catie Couric interviews Sarah Palin

Cerise

no one is taking the hannity hug as an interview.

Within the definition of the word it is. :p

she's being kept from the press. it's widely known why. you seem unwilling to accept what is obvious. pardon me if i discount your opinion accordingly.

That's because you are unwilling to state what the "widely known reason" is, is, lacking evidence to prove your theory......

Top Ten Reasons Sarah Palin Won't Take Press Questions:

10. Because her words will be twisted

9. Because her words will be twisted

8. Because her words will be twisted

7. Because her words will be twisted

6. Because her words will be twisted

5. Because her words will be twisted

4. Because her words will be twisted

3. Because her words will be twisted

2. Because her words will be twisted

And the Number One reason why Sarah Palin wont take press questions...

1. Because her words will be twisted

there's no one in this election that is particularly inspiring. but there is one that is particularly frightening.

scared-kid-3256Obama.JPG

hey thanks for posting that picture by the way. was that her first time in NYC?

Yeah, the cops in that photo seemed to appreciate her being there.....

2minkey

bootlicker
wow, then. must be tough being so picked on by the media. :crying4:

so how were those couric interviews manipulated? that stuff about "in case putin pops up" - how was that anything other than sarah's own blather?

oh, it was a bunch of TRICK QUESTIONS! yeah katie couric, she's a crafty one!

:nuts:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
she's being kept from the press. it's widely known why. you seem unwilling to accept what is obvious.

Sory, I've had a topugh week at the office. I'm apparently under-informed (my Right Wing talking points musta got lost)..would you be so kind as to inform me as to why she's being kept in Cheneys bunker? I thought she might have been inspired by Reagan who went over the presses head & straight to the people more often than not.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Since she & John don't see eye to eye, that could be the problem. She is far to right for Sen McCain.

edit...I justy watched Perky Katie talk to Palin....sounded like an outsider trying not to sound like an insider to me.
Less formulated answers than we're used to, which is a good thing. (So is 26 years of not pushing for more regualtion Katie)

jimpeel

and then one might ask when you are going to talk about palin without trying to produce criticism of obama.

Ah, there we go again with the "You can't talk about anything about this guy. He is off limits. Palin, on the other hand has a target painted on her forehead as does the rest of her family including a five month old disabled baby. When will we be hearing "Baby Trig Moron" jokes? I'm sure there are already a few on left wing sites like DU, Huffingandpuffington, Daily Chaos, et al.

We can't talk about his ears.

We can't talk about his mother.

We can't talk about his father.

We can't talk about his grandmother.

We can't talk about his wife.

We can't talk about his preacher.

We can't talk about his terrorist friends.

We can't talk about his voting record.

We can't talk about his religion.

We can't talk about his appeasement.

We can't talk about his color.

We can't talk about his lack of color.

We can't talk about his race.

We can't talk about bombers and mobsters who are his friends.

We can't talk about his schooling.

We can't talk about his middle name, "Hussein."

We can't talk about his lack of experience.

We can't talk about his income.

We can't talk about his flag pin.

We can't call him a liberal.

Now we aren't supposed to say anything about him at all. What is it that simply scares the shit out of libs when they hear anything being mentioned about their candidate?

jimpeel

yeah who in their right mind would expect much of someone a heartbeat away from the presidency?

Someone who is concerned about the person whose heartbeat will be in the presidency. The election is about the comparison of the candidates. If we are disallowed the comparison and only allowed to discuss one candidate, where is the comparison? Everyone seems to have no problem with old foot-in-mouth being installed in the big chair after Obama croaks. I can just see old Joe talking to Ahmadinajad with his feet up and the soles of his feet facing the Iranian president while talking about how you can't get a cab ride in NYC without using an accent.

jimpeel

nope, there's only one person in this election that is largely being kept away from the press by the mccain campaign, that thinking conservatives are embarassed by. that's palin.

Ya ever think that she just might still be pissed off at that same press attacking her four-month-old disabled child and seventeen-year-old daughter? Why would she want to associate with those kinds of people?

I wouldn't blame her if she wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

H2O boy

there's little doubt that obama is able to put together coherent narratives on a wide range of issues...

you mean inbetween his stops and starts and umms and errs and stutters and changing his reply to the pont where it doesnt' match the qurstion? yeah he's good at that.

chcr has it right. no choice in '08.

2minkey

bootlicker
Ah, there we go again with the "You can't talk about anything about this guy. He is off limits. Palin, on the other hand has a target painted on her forehead as does the rest of her family including a five month old disabled baby. When will we be hearing "Baby Trig Moron" jokes? I'm sure there are already a few on left wing sites like DU, Huffingandpuffington, Daily Chaos, et al.

i never said that obama should not be talked about. in fact, he should be rigorously investigated/critiqued. i mean, gee, he is running for president, right?

my comment was merely intended to remind some that they were using the obama crap as a deflection to criticism of palin. hmmm, well, can't really fgind anything compelling about palin, so let's try to paint the "uh" guy as dumb!

occam's razor. palin is not a victim of a witchhunt. she's not being "picked on." (but if that's the weak and downtrodden image you wanna stick with for your heroine, best of luck!) she is not pursuing some kind of reaganesque strategy of 'stepping above the fray.' any anger she may have at the media is not preventing her from speaking. many, many requests for interviews are being ignored. she's being kept away from the media because her answers often become fountains of incoherent bullshit.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
my comment was merely intended to remind some that they were using the obama crap as a deflection to criticism of palin.\

We need to disscect each participant, individually, without reference to another, unless that reference is warranted.

Too bad that's not the guide used by the mainstream press.

I want to know where Barac stands...there are few, if any, coherenet in-depth answers to much of anything.

McCain is an old codger with a well defined track record. Much easier to track his leanings.

Biden is a ego-maniacal windbag with a penchant of foot in mouth disease, He also has a long track record. However, he's not on the same course as his partner.

Palin is a true outsider. She needs to be examined for her record, not referenced as a slug trail.....

2minkey

bootlicker
hey we're off the 'slugtrail' kick if'n you hadn't noticed. we'll have no more of that dirty mouth around here. we're talking stuff now like, well, see my sig...

the thing about obama that is really underdiscussed is the whole "change" thing he's promising in contrast with his holy fuck it's razor flat to the dictates of the party voting record. i've never done anything new but now i'll lead you forward?

2minkey

bootlicker
oh ooop, let me take that back for the benefit of cerise and jim so's they don't get bored...

obama is infallible and beyond criticism. the press loves him and so do all of us. any criticism of the republican ticket indicates blind and unswerving dediciation to worshipping at the throne of obama.

<end transmission>

2minkey

bootlicker
"Couric: Well, explain to me why that enhances your foreign-policy credentials.

Palin: Well, it certainly does, because our, our next-door neighbors are foreign countries, there in the state that I am the executive of. And there...

Couric: Have you ever been involved in any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

Palin: We have trade missions back and forth, we do. It's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia. As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there, they are right next to our state."

:jester:

2minkey

bootlicker
http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/09/28/palin-responds-to-federal-bail-out/

"Palin responded to a question about the economic recovery plan, which was hashed out overnight. She answered, but she made it clear that she was then going to concentrate on the Blue Star Moms, “Bailout? Ok? Then I’m going to talk to these gals whose sons are also in the service. But, thankful that John McCain is able to have some of those provisions implemented in that Paulson proposal to have more sound oversight,” Palin said. “Taxpayers aren’t going to be assumed to be called upon to bail out so I’m glad that John McCain’s voice is heard and his leadership too.”"

um, WHAT???? john's soothing voice will keep us from footing the $700bn bill? what?

2minkey

bootlicker
uh oh sarah even foxnews is catching on...

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/28/analysis-pressure-builds-palin-ahead-vp-debate/

"
FOX News analyst Bernard Goldberg said some of the criticism Palin is fielding is unfair, since Biden's gaffes regularly receive a pass.
"The preconceived notion about Joe Biden is that he's an expert on foreign policy no matter how many mistakes he's made," he said.
But Goldberg said Palin's latest interview did not "instill confidence" and Parker "may be right" in saying she's out of her league.
The criticism stems from a few answers Palin gave during the wide-ranging CBS interview. She seemed to struggle when asked to explain her claim that Alaska's proximity to Russia bolsters her foreign policy credentials."​

BeardofPants

As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there, they are right next to our state."

putinrearshishead.jpg

spike

Ya ever think that she just might still be pissed off at that same press attacking her four-month-old disabled child and seventeen-year-old daughter?

You mean she makes sweeping generalizations of the entire press over the actions of a few? Or are you just making up excuses for her which she never actually said?

Frodo

"Couric: Well, explain to me why that enhances your foreign-policy credentials.

Palin: Well, it certainly does, because our, our next-door neighbors are foreign countries, there in the state that I am the executive of. And there...

Couric: Have you ever been involved in any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

Palin: We have trade missions back and forth, we do. It's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia. As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there, they are right next to our state."

Umm, you do know that Russia has been flying their bombers into the Alaskan ADIZ, right?