Coffee and toast

unclehobart

I like this site for beer reviews better.

I also don't mind a snotty euro brewing attitude that comes from the Belgians as they reaaaallllly know how to make a beer come off with as much character, flavor, and alcoholic impact as a fine liquer. Theres quite a lot euro-trash that we find nasty ... and most of Germanys output barely rates a shrug ... but the Belgians... holymotherofgod.

Most of Americas output is is watery lagers. There are some nice microbrewerys though. Anchor Steam from the left coast comes to mind.

abooja

To be honest, I rarely drink anything anymore so this is more of a rhetorical argument on my part.

DFisherman

Gonz said:
budweiser.03.jpg

None of this fancy schmancy wanna be beer crap. Get real. Drink Bud.

Ah yes, the dirt-poor St.Louis, Missouri knock-off of Czech beers from the town of Ceske Budejovice, also known as "Budvar" in German.

Actually, I take that back...that would be insulting to dirt to compare it to that Anheuser-Busch affront to taste.

Stick to kerosene or paint solvent, I'm certain they are healthier and they sure smell better.

Or better, drink the real thing:

Lahev_Czechvar__0_5l_obrazek_.gif

Cheers,

- DFisherman

chcr

Too cute for words
Whereas Genesee has been brewing beer in NY since 1878.
That's what they serve in beer tents at all the local fairs upstate. I have drunk a lot of Genny. Fortunately, my palate has improved over the years. There's a reason they call it "beautiful Hemlock Lake." OTOH, it was better than Utica Club or Black Label. Oh, and Schaeffer gives me Yankee Stadium flashbacks. ;)

Oh, and abooja? Corona is the worst beer in Mexico (but of course you can get a case for $2.50 US). Go out and get some Tecate or Dos Equis, please.

abooja

chcr, where exactly are you from?

I know about Coronas being lowbrow, but there's just something about one with a slice of lime that I enjoy. Of course, I don't enjoy sometimes paying $8 a sixpack for the stuff. I can get pretty much any beer that's made here in the city, and every Mexican beer known to man in my immediate neighborhood, but I always reach for Coronas out of a sense of tradition. Then again, I've had a few cold ones in my fridge now for at least two months, so I'm not exactly a big consumer these days.

Regarding Genesee, were you drinking the beer or the cream ale back then? The cream ale is rich and flavorful, but the beer is no better than Bud. Just wondering.

chcr

Too cute for words
abooja said:
chcr, where exactly are you from?
I was born and raised on a small farm outside of Genoa, NY. That's about halfway between Ithaca (I attended Cornell) and Auburn (many people thought I'd wind up in the prison there).

Re. Corona: If you have to put a lime in it to drink it, it should be tequila, not cervesa.

Re. Cream Ale: I'll give you that it's better than the beer (the beer was what we usually had at local fairs, along with greasy hot sausage with peppers and onions sammiches :D ) but there are so many better ales available. Moltson Special Export used to be good.

Re. Yankee Stadium flashbacks: When I was in my early twenties, we used to go to the stadium once in a while on a charter bus for a Saturday game and a Sunday double-header (or vice-versa). One of the proudest moments of my life is having been flipped off by Carl Yastrzemski (one of the best who ever played the game, too bad he played for Satan's team). :D

abooja

Ah, it's all starting to make sense...

I hope to have some new Yankee Stadium flashbacks to share by the end of the season. I'm going to the opener and one fall game against the Sox. Both sets of tickets are in the nosebleed section where heavy drinking is mandatory. ;)

P.S. Great story about Yaz. :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Snobs...you'll never overtake greatness.

Brewed and sold since 1876, "The King of Beers" is the largest-selling beer in the world. Budweiser has been the world's best-selling beer since 1957, and is distributed in more than 70 countries. Budweiser leads the U.S. premium beer category, outselling all other domestic premium beers combined. In fact, one in almost every five beers sold in the United States today is a Budweiser.

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
What the heck did you do to Yaz to draw his ire?... or was it more like 'he flipped off our entire section'?

He missed a warm up toss before the game that rolled to the warning track. I leaned over the wall and hollered "You suck, Yaz!" He picked up the ball, gave me the finger and ran back out on the field. My bleacher cronies found it quite amusing. It was a personal flip-off. :D

DFisherman

Four beer company reps are attending a trade show and decide to pop down to the pub for a pint. The waitress comes to their table and takes their orders.

The rep for Anhauser-Busch says, "I'll have a Budweiser, the king of beers."

The rep for the Modelo Group says, "I'll have a Corona, the best-selling beer of Mexico."

The rep for AmBev says, "I'll have a Molson, Canada's choice since 1803."

The rep for Creemore Springs exclaims, "I'll have a club soda."

The other reps all stare at him in surprise.

He replies, "Well, if nobody else is drinking, I won't either."

Cheers,

- DFisherman

unclehobart

DFisherman said:
Four beer company reps are attending a trade show and decide to pop down to the pub for a pint. The waitress comes to their table and takes their orders.

The rep for Anhauser-Busch says, "I'll have a Budweiser, the king of beers."

The rep for the Modelo Group says, "I'll have a Corona, the best-selling beer of Mexico."

The rep for AmBev says, "I'll have a Molson, Canada's choice since 1803."

The rep for Creemore Springs exclaims, "I'll have a club soda."

The other reps all stare at him in surprise.

He replies, "Well, if nobody else is drinking, I won't either."

Cheers,

- DFisherman
amen

Winky

Spirit said:
I don't know... but am I invited??? *YUM*

"Sure"
Ever notice how breakfast tastes so much better when
served in bed by the "significant other"?

"and when I'm done with this, I'll have some of YOU!"

As for you others, doncha think it's a scratch early to
be tippin' em' back?

*it's never to early or late for me as I don't drink poison anymore*

unclehobart

Wink-o, Youre all tucked off on the left coast where everything is always 3 hours behind. Over here on the snooty coast, its already beer:30

Winky

Not quite so, I'm on mountain time cuz AZ don do the daylight ST

fall foward spring backwards

Winky

Oddly enough Winders has the "Arizona" time zone.
The GoVideo has a non-DST option and the Horneywell
programmable thermostat does as well...

Tis so fun being outta sync with the rest of the free world!

TexasRaceLady

Talk about thread drift. ROTFL

I start reading about toast and coffee for breakfast, drift on to beer--- which is the breakfast of champions --- and wind up with time zones?