Comic Book Movies

Professur

No, the black guy took over the gold armour when Stark really started hitting the bottle. Once Stark sobered up some and took back the Iron Man armour, the black guy was given the War Machine prototype.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
No, the black guy took over the gold armour when Stark really started hitting the bottle. Once Stark sobered up some and took back the Iron Man armour, the black guy was given the War Machine prototype.

Yeah. But it was understood that the armor was Starks...Rhodes took over when Stark was going to give it up for good. Of course, being a reader in them days, we knew it wouldn't last...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

I quit readingh IM about a decade or two before this.

Professur

Actually, I never read it, or the Avengers. I read FF and X-men ... but Marvel does enough tie-ins that you're able to stay fairly well abreast of the other major characters.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I never even heard of War Machine until my kid was watching some show on the tube. I was a huge comic book fan in the 70s. Them I discovered girls, cars & guitars.