~Confederate Flag´s~ *fly em*

G

~Confederate Flag's~ *fly em*

I'm so tired of people talking about the confederate flag and how white people are racist....if everyone would just sit back and listen they would see that black people are more racist than whites and nothing ever gets said about it I wish people would just relize that slavery is over so just shut the F**k up about it!

Originally posted by ris
slavery might be but racism might not

yea, but you gotta admit its as bad on both sides, and whites do get alot of crap from blacks crying racism too ;)

(to all those who don't know me i am not of African or European descent :D)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Since I'm unsure of the etiquette of the confederate flag answer me this. Would the Nazi flag go above or below the losers side flag?:hafnha:

G

The nazi flag is not from the US. There is nothing American about it. The Confederate flag represents what a good number of Americans believed in at the time. There is no comparrison. The Confederate flag is part of our history the same as the flag made by Betsy Ross.

greenfreak

Can you tell me in your own words what the Confederate flag signifies--what people who fly it believe in--that cannot be signified by the plain old Stars and Stripes?

G

Tell that to Jefferson Davis and all the other Confederate soldiers that fought and bled for what they believed in. You may not agree with their cause, but they were Americans. They just had different ideas about how they wanted the country to be.

greenfreak

S4, are you talking to me? If so, I wasn't telling anyone anything... I was asking you a question. Can you answer it for me please?

G

i did answer you. sorry my answer isn't what you were looking for

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Originally posted by s4
The nazi flag is not from the US. There is nothing American about it. The Confederate flag represents what a good number of Americans believed in at the time. There is no comparrison. The Confederate flag is part of our history the same as the flag made by Betsy Ross.

Tell that to Jefferson Davis and all the other Confederate soldiers that fought and bled for what they believed in. You may not agree with their cause, but they were Americans. They just had different ideas about how they wanted the country to be.

Jefferson Davis, et al, were slave owning pigs who wished to keep a section of our fellow citizens in shackles. They tried to tear apart the USA, by secession, to keep those beliefs. They were no more American than Adolph Hitler, et al, who wished to tear apart a continent (and eventually a world) for his beliefs.

The confederate flag is merely a symbol of a racism & division which has more in common with nazi-ism than old glory.

G

i didn't say you had to agree with their beliefs. the fact remains that several of the states tried to break away and form their own government. these were Americans and they fought on American soil. that makes the Confederate flag part of our history like it or not.

Ardsgaine

Originally posted by s4
i didn't say you had to agree with their beliefs. the fact remains that several of the states tried to break away and form their own government. these were Americans and they fought on American soil. that makes the Confederate flag part of our history like it or not.

I was born in Alabama in a little town fifty miles east of Birmingham. We moved to Tallahassee, FL when I was just three months old, and that's where I grew up. That makes me a southerner, geographically speaking. I do not fly the Confederate flag, though, and I do not believe that it represents freedom, or anything benevolent. It is a symbol of slavery. The doctrine of states' rights was simply the assertion that some governments have the authority to deny the natural rights of man to some humans; to decide which humans are really human, and which are not.

At one time, the Florida capitol building had on display the five flags of Florida, those flags which have flown over Florida at one time or another. They included the Spanish, French (fleur de lis), British, Confederate and US flags. I saw nothing wrong with such a display, since it was intended to illustrate the history of Florida rather than make an ideological statement. The flags did not fly on the cupola of the building, and they were not placed above our national flag. The Confederate flag on display was not the battle flag one typically associates with the south, and most people wouldn't even recognize it as a symbol of the CSA. It wasn't given any prominence over the other flags, it was just part of the display.

Governor Bush recently had all the flags (except the US and state flags) taken down to head off any controversy. In a way, that's a shame. It is silly to deny, or try to hide, the history of our state in order to avoid offending the sensibilities of the super-sensitive. The flags were moved to a place inside the capitol, so they are still on display, just not as prominently.

(Slow week, s4?)

G

hehe :headbang:

That is what I have been saying. I am not saying that the Confederate flag should be flown higher than the US flag or displayed to disrespect the flag. I'm just saying that there is nothing wrong with flying it to as a symbol of our history, not that it represents what we believe in only to show that we remember our history.

freako104

ill admit that i dont really like the confederate flag since ive seen so many people fly it fly it only cause of racism. but i do agree with s4 that it is jsut history. its the period in history that i think is sad but the flag itself is only a part of american history. though im from the south(im from md which is south of the Mason-Dixion Line) ill stick with the good ol' stars and stripes. thats a flag ill salute to.