Confused

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
There's like, this white powdery stuff falling from the sky. It's staying on the ground too. It's colder'n forty hells outside to boot. I had to wear a coat and everything today. I can barely see the blacktop in the parking lot there's so much of it. I don't like it one little bit either. Who do I call to complain?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
DON'T PANIC

and for gods sake, put the shotgun down, it won't help (Unless you load shells with salt, that will melt some of it)

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I've been told that when this type thing happens I am supposed to proceed post haste to the nearest grocer and stockpile bread, milk, Doritos, Little Debbie cakes, and the makings of beef stew and chili. Will these measures help any?

chcr

Too cute for words
I've been told that when this type thing happens I am supposed to proceed post haste to the nearest grocer and stockpile bread, milk, Doritos, Little Debbie cakes, and the makings of beef stew and chili. Will these measures help any?

They'll help take your mind off the white stuff. Don't forget the cornbread fixin's though.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef

lol, when that happens here, we pretty much live like normal, and drive a tad slower (depending on where you live) and remember to pump the brakes if there is no ABS

Inkara1

When that happens here, people freak out. Luckily, that's a once-in-a-decade sort of thing.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
When I went out this morning it was -19c (-2F for the celsius-challenged). Going out in that makes ya gasp. The brain-freeze from breathing sucks too. :(

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I own a touque actually, and refer to it as such as opposed to the local term. Global warming would be welcome right about now.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Sure. Anything to get this cold out of here.

I mean, c'mon. It's 22 fuggin degrees outside, with snow visible, more expected tonight. They're saying we could see a full fledged dusting of snow! I wanna know who approved this!

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Sure. Anything to get this cold out of here.

I mean, c'mon. It's 22 fuggin degrees outside, with snow visible, more expected tonight. They're saying we could see a full fledged dusting of snow! I wanna know who approved this!

I feel pity for you, then I look outside and the 6 feet high snow banks, and the pity vanishes

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It's global warming, moving the ocean currents, invest in a toque.

40-0666-NCL-TOP.jpg

Ok, now what?

chcr

Too cute for words
No snow on the ground here although I did see the odd flake blowing around at lunchtime. OTOH, it is most certainly colder than the mammary gland of a wiccan lady who has passed away. I expect that firing up the old gas logs would not be taken amiss this evening.