Constituent Feminism??? It's a two way street then isn't it??

Dave

when was the last time you heard anything about the jewish person that drank too much and ate alot of potatoes, or the french person that was courteous and smelled good? stereotypes may not be fair, but there is obviously a basis for them.
as far as feminism is concerned, that is just another victims group. its never their fault. every wrong can be attributed to someone/something else. i'm not saying there aren't injustices, just that the group won't be satisified till the opposition doesn't exist anymore.
as far as how to relate to other people, i think tonks said it best.

Oz

Buttcrackdivine said:
:D This is the response i got from a ultra intelligent poster on another board from this thread.....this girl is a hyper intellect but she can pack a mean reply.

Hurmph, tell her to pull her dungarees out of the crack of her arse and post something on the thread then ;)

AlphaTroll

Oz said:
Hurmph, tell her to pull her dungarees out of the crack of her arse and post something on the thread then ;)

LOL - hun, that makes me think of a certain kiwi lady poster from a certain other forum ;)

Oz

AlphaTroll said:
LOL - hun, that makes me think of a certain kiwi lady poster from a certain other forum ;)

:D

How long did the feminism debate go on there........forty pages or summit? :retard2:

Mebbe I should send her an email.......just been reading the moot and she's started a thread saying "Entmoot is boring".....reckon she'd like it here?

AlphaTroll

Oz said:
:D

How long did the feminism debate go on there........forty pages or summit? :retard2:

Mebbe I should send her an email.......just been reading the moot and she's started a thread saying "The evil forest of repressed individuals and monotonous discussion is boring".....reckon she'd like it here?

Dunno how long it went on - didn't stick around to find out either :shrug: Can't be as long as their Jesus threads though.

Yeah, send her an e-mail - dunno if she'd like it, but let her have a look & see.

Oz

AlphaTroll said:
Dunno how long it went on - didn't stick around to find out either :shrug: Can't be as long as their Jesus threads though.

Yeah, send her an e-mail - dunno if she'd like it, but let her have a look & see.

will do.......

Ms Ann Thrope

Contrary to popular belief, feminists do NOT hate men, and they do NOT wish to limit their freedoms or diminish their masculinity. Feminism is about EQUALITY, and as such, 'hardcore' doesn't make sense. There are no halfmeasures in equality, it's either there or not. :rolleyes:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I don't know what I feel abot feminism, I was raised by women (mother and sister), as the only male in the house, my mom taught me plumbing etc.

I see everyone as equal, but I don't think of woman's rights really

MrBishop

I tend to have a greater issue with the term "Feminist" than I used to have. Feminism used to me a person striving towards equality for women. There was a war going on, and the methods that feminists used to win this war were justified by the ends achieved.

Today...with the glass ceiling still in existance, though cracked and broken, the term feminism has been linked with the more extreme members of the female gender. When one talks of 'feminists', it is used derogotarily(sp?)...defining a man-hater who tries at everything to bring men down instead of bringing women up. It talks of the ridiculous actions taken to redifine the English language to include words like Womyn (so as to remove the offensive 'men' from the term women) or personkind (same objection).

The term feminists is being besmirched by the radicals instead of proclaimed by the masses. Perhaps the term "equalist" should be used in this discussion/thread.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
What's with all the talk of feminism? Didn't you know it's dead?

Maureen Dowd said:
Feminism died in 1998 when Hillary allowed henchlings and Democrats to demonize Monica as an unbalanced stalker, and when Gloria Steinem defended Mr. Clinton against Kathleen Willey and Paula Jones by saying he had merely made clumsy passes, then accepted rejection, so there was no sexual harassment involved. As to his dallying with an emotionally immature 21-year-old, Ms. Steinem noted, "Welcome sexual behavior is about as relevant to sexual harassment as borrowing a car is to stealing one."

NY Times

MrBishop

Ms Ann Thrope said:
people who use the term that way insult the memories of those who died so that women today could vote :mad:

Granted...but it's the reality of it. Feminism is considered a four-letter word in many circles.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Buttcrackdivine said:
Taking everything into account in a women defense: the high abuse rates from husbands, the infidelity of men more than women, men exceeding very well at committing crimes and what not and all such it is understood women seem to have an evolutionary upper hand in sensibility but even then women jump right back into the wagon of weakness and impression when it comes to social events.

If they can lobby for suffrage, hold rallies, stand in the cold and march in the name of womanhood then why expect the man to be courteous on dates? Equal rights also include equal social burdens so then Why complain then that men are cheap and take us on crappy dates? Why complain they get no dates when most don't make an effort to intiate the social fire? Why expect them to hold the door for you? Equal rights insinuates "Equal effort" no?

Actually, spousal abuse, infidelity, and criminal intent are pretty much even between the sexes. It's just that, when a woman physically abuses a man, it always tends to look like a joke, or "he deserved it". As for the equal pay for equal work, I'm all for it. Just don't complain if the issue is seniority. Fact is, women take time off from work, unselfishly I might add, in higher numbers than men so that they can take care of their families. It's been proven that women who stay on the job make just the same as men who stay on the job.

BeardofPants

AlphaTroll said:

I happen to *like* having my dungerwhatsits up my arse, thankyouverymuch. *farty noise*