Couple tortures adopted children

MrBishop

Professur said:
And who, pray tell, will administer them? Who gets to define good parenting?
You'll love this one.... a consortium of psychologists, child therapists and religious leaders. :D

The same people who currently give those courses.

PrincessLissa

I wish that more parents would take those classes that teach basic parent responsibilities. Things that you would think are common sense. Things like chaning diapers, how to breastfeed or bottle feed, relaxation technniques, how to hold baby and things like that.

I don't agree with a lot of parenting classes that target parents with older children. I do think however that the screening process for adoption should be a bit tighter.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Classes for what has come naturally for, well, forever. What's next, paying farmers not to grow food?

ClaireBear

Banned
PrincessLissa said:
I understand that you may have very good reasons behind your argument against adoption, but the way you have presented it has come across as very inhumane and uncaring. What if you have a child and somehow pass away before they are able to take of themselve? What would you want to happen to them? Let the natural order take it's course and deny your child of life?

Yes for every one unfit adoptive parent there may well be 3 good, loving, sane and caring ones...

But my thoughts were more directed towards the question raised some posts ago concerning "How and why this could happen?"

My answer is that these people couldn't have children naturally for a reason... their unsuitability and incapability... whether it has manifested itself in actual physical infertility I don't know. Yet modern society instead of holding such individuals with a modecom of wariness hands them a kid with no questions asked!

HomeLAN

Gonz said:
Classes for what has come naturally for, well, forever. What's next, paying farmers not to grow food?

Breastfeeding is a natural event, but it doesn't come easy for thousands of new mothers. Classes can help, and that yields health benfits for the child. Higher infant mortality rates than we currently experience are a "natural" phenomenon, too.

Professur

PrincessLissa said:
I wish that more parents would take those classes that teach basic parent responsibilities. Things that you would think are common sense. Things like chaning diapers, how to breastfeed or bottle feed, relaxation technniques, how to hold baby and things like that.

I don't agree with a lot of parenting classes that target parents with older children. I do think however that the screening process for adoption should be a bit tighter.

D'ya know who is supposed to be giving these "classes"? The parent's parents. Except that they spent most of their time getting stoned, and basically blaming everyone but themselves for fucking up the world. Today's parents didn't have good parents to learn from, so their stuck trying to teach their kids what they never learned themselves. In steps the Gov't to save the day, with cheap day care, and required school programs.

PrincessLissa

HomeLAN said:
Breastfeeding is a natural event, but it doesn't come easy for thousands of new mothers. Classes can help, and that yields health benfits for the child. Higher infant mortality rates than we currently experience are a "natural" phenomenon, too.

That is why I am going to take a class. I know it's a natural event and that babies have been doing it for thousands upon thousands of years, but some babies don't latch well and I am told that it can be frustrating. I want to be able to know how to deal with it if it becomes a problem.

A lot of those normal daily activities don't come eaisly to new dads because their dads and generations before didn't tend to the children as often as dads do now. I like the classes that are given by the medical staff that show moms and dads how to bathe a newborn with their umbilical cord and how to feed and swaddle a baby.