damn girl scouts

tonksy

:cuss: so every year i avoid the stubby little brats and their fricking cookies like the high caloric plague that they are...during the season, i don't speak to friends who have female children between the ages of 4 and 13, i enter the grocery store/walmart/parks with a steely eyed gaze, set upon my destination, but still the damn cookies appear! why god, why?

*munches a tagalong....thankfully it's not a samoa or i'd be ingesting the entire box....

so....how do you deal with these demons of dietary disaster? what's your favorite kind?

Camelyn

It's unavoidable, I just roll with it.

But we only have 2 kinds here, chocolate and vanilla. Am I missing out?

tonksy

Camelyn said:
It's unavoidable, I just roll with it.

But we only have 2 kinds here, chocolate and vanilla. Am I missing out?
cam...yes, you are: LINKAGE

steve....i just opened a box...ate one...trying to avoid the pantry...so i can't go look at the carbs...prolly a good thing....

Camelyn

tonks said:
cam...yes, you are: LINKAGE

Damn, what a jip. Canadian Cookies

Like I said, chocolate and vanilla, then these god-awful tasting mint thingies that even I won't touch in the fall.

Worse than the girl guide cookies here are the chocolate fund-raisers that everyone brings to work. Mmmmmm, chocolate covered almonds....

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I just stay inside my house, or I'm at work. I also make sure that my freezer is full from January til June. It also helps if you venture out only at night. ;)

tonksy

Gato_Solo said:
I just stay inside my house, or I'm at work. I also make sure that my freezer is full from January til June. It also helps if you venture out only at night. ;)
you don't get coworkers harrassing you with order forms? even underway we had some damn boatswain mate that would sell them for his daughter.

cam...you might say gibbed but i think you should consider yourself (and your abdomen) lucky :sick:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Thin mints. but I don't have a problem, I can stop anytime.

Look you little brownie bitch, I ordered three boxes, not two. Give it up!

Professur

Funy, I'm never bothered by them. The vicious dog barking at the end of a chain might have something to do with that.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
tonks said:
you don't get coworkers harrassing you with order forms? even underway we had some damn boatswain mate that would sell them for his daughter.

There have been attempts, but those attempts are usually met with some kind of verbal derision, that is sure to make future attempts non-existent. (it also helps if you are the shift chief;) )

tonksy

PuterTutor said:
Thin mints. but I don't have a problem, I can stop anytime.

Look you little brownie bitch, I ordered three boxes, not two. Give it up!
one word: DENIAL ;)

AlphaTroll

We don't get girlscouts selling biscuits and stuff here. Usually the only things we end up buying is from my brother when he's selling things to raise funds for his sports teams.

But for some reason it's usually ice cream or dried fruit stuff - never biscuits.