Dial "R" for Retro

catocom

catocom said:
I got one, stored around here somewhere. (don't know if it's rusted out by now)
I found it earieler today....
It's still in prime shape, just needs a cleaning.
It's RED though, like a hotline phone.:D
I'll take a pic of it...after I clean it up.:nerd:

Altron

I have one of those phones too. It works great for answering calls, but it doesn't dial out. Had it in the closet in Vermont, where as of a few years ago, rotary phones were still in daily use.

Inkara1

Oh, I just checked... I can go into the menu and set my cordless phone system to pulse... and it's a 5.8 GHz system I bought last year.

simplyred

catocom said:
I found it earieler today....
It's still in prime shape, just needs a cleaning.
It's RED though, like a hotline phone.:D
I'll take a pic of it...after I clean it up.:nerd:

oooooooo.......red! :drool:

Cerise

Professur said:
I'd just like to have one of those old black desktop rotary phones. Even if it had to be converted to tone. When I think phone, that's still what I think of.

I've seen several in antique stores.

My folks also had one of those old heavy black ones with the metal rotary dial---at the time it was up for grabs I didn't see any value in it. I think it finally went out on the estate auction.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
catocom said:
yep, the old hot-line phone. :D

I'll keep it out..handy for ya prof...if you want it.

That's exactly the same style as my mom's...hers is beige.

I thought Prof was talking about something like this but in black...

old_phone.jpg

I want an old Zack Morris cellphone like this (I'd want it to look like this but be a cordless house phone since it's WAY too big to be an actual cell):

main_3295.jpg

A.B.Normal

Nixy said:
I want an old Zack Morris cellphone like this (I'd want it to look like this but be a cordless house phone since it's WAY too big to be an actual cell):

main_3295.jpg

But imagine the vibrate function :brow:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
A.B.Normal said:
But imagine the vibrate function :brow:

hahaha

did you guys have the commerical for bell mobility around christmas where the ghost comes and tells the guy to buy his friends car phones for christmas and the guy says "They have camera phones now." and the ghost says "But it coooomes with a shooooulder strap" ??

I LOVE that commerical!

highwayman

Nixy said:

main_3295.jpg

That about the size of it...this had been mine..