Disappointed in some of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bubba

PuterTutor said:
Squiggy said:
Whatever is being said or not being said, I find myself hesitant to even follow him in the Shoutbox anymore...Guess its time for me to go....

I really hope you reconsider. I do understand your feelings though, I too have felt uncomfortable answering some of these threads now, knowing he is reading them. I really think Sammy needs to consider raising the age to at least 16 for access to the boards.

if i were making the decisions around here, i'd lock this thread and tell everyone to drop it.

you know how i like to lock threads;)

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
guys, remember how you felt in school when a group of kids were standing around talking about you? and you happened to be within earshot. I imagine thats kinda how altron feels about now.
Im not going to ask him to leave, or have him not asking questions that he thinks he wants to ask. Like i said before its your own choice if you choose to answer him or not.
raising the age isnt going to stop anyone who really wants to get in here in. I can lie till im blue in the face to a checkbox that ask if im 13 or 16.
squiggy please reconsider leaving this really isnt worth leaving over. I undestand your reasoning.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
samcurry said:
guys, remember how you felt in school when a group of kids were standing around talking about you? and you happened to be within earshot. I imagine thats kinda how altron feels about now.
Im not going to ask him to leave, or have him not asking questions that he thinks he wants to ask. Like i said before its your own choice if you choose to answer him or not.
raising the age isnt going to stop anyone who really wants to get in here in. I can lie till im blue in the face to a checkbox that ask if im 13 or 16.
squiggy please reconsider leaving this really isnt worth leaving over. I undestand your reasoning.

I agree with you completely.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Damn, this has gone way farther than it originally showed. I'll have to read the whole damn thing now :mad: ;)

Just remember to point out to those under, say, 16, that these words are being used in a sentence & they should study the structure, not the intent :D

AlladinSane

C'mon, she just used a famous sentence to explain her idea. She even put quotes to enforce that. Read it within the context:
Spirit said:
I want to say something here, and will be as light footed as I can. I am hoping that without me getting real specific you will know exactly what I am saying.

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

...and I mean that in reference to what is said to other poster(s).

We are supposed to be the mature adults here.
We are all free to give our opinions here and to manifest our disapointment with others in some degree. I think Spirit did the two and did in a polite way. She or anyone here is not telling anyone what we may or not post or if we should or not leave. Now it's your choice if you want to have a problem with it or not.
I would like to know that if I'm not happy with something going on here I could expose my thoughts without raising hard feelings...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Bubba said:
if i were making the decisions around here, i'd lock this thread and tell everyone to drop it.
You know, I actually agree. :headbang:

For a thread sticking up for a poor defenseless child, I think this thread has gone on far long enough. It's a bit disappointing it never got much farther than "You said this" "No I didn't" "Yes you did *quote*" "No I didn't *quote**quote*" "Don't tell me to do stuff", but I think most everyone's got the general idea that Spirit wanted to convey.

Don't treat Altron differently because of his age, treat him differently because he's 99.9% weird ;) If he wants to play with the big kids, he'll need to learn how to use a dictionary or ask his parents when he encounters an adult word (just like everyone else did at one point). And if showing them this site makes them banish him from it, then so be it. Until that explicitly happens, I have to assume he's got parental permission (or at least parental apathy), thus I have to regard him as any other member on this board.

*:fart: @ Altron* :lol:

(there ya go, Altron, feel at home now? :headbng2: )

With that in mind, I think this thread should take a break, so *LOCK*

Status
Not open for further replies.