Disappointed in some of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeLAN

While we're on the topic, and now that I've had a chance to think about it fully, allow me to say that I don't really appreciate being called to task over being myself. It's not the members here who've stepped over a line by posting as themselves. It's you who have by trying to insinuate that we shoulod do anything differently.

unclehobart

I didn't take it that bad since I know shes got a lad at the same age. I just took it as a maternal associative defensive reflex by proxy.

AlladinSane

HomeLAN said:
While we're on the topic, and now that I've had a chance to think about it fully, allow me to say that I don't really appreciate being called to task over being myself. It's not the members here who've stepped over a line by posting as themselves. It's you who have by trying to insinuate that we shoulod do anything differently.
I didn't get! Who was this post referred to?

B

Bubba

originally when i was a mod, i used to care about stuff like this. however, i really think that there is nothing to worry about.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
homey and pro has it right, you shouldnt feel like you have to do anything different when posting. if you want to answer anyone then go ahead, if not you dont have to. Thats the great thing about the internet.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
The registration page explicitly states content inside is not suitable for viewing by anyone, so by registering, people basically agree that they're viewing unsuitable content. :headbang:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
fury said:
The registration page explicitly states content inside is not suitable for viewing by anyone, so by registering, people basically agree that they're viewing unsuitable content.

I am? Cool. :cool:

Keep it coming, baby.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
HomeLAN said:
(I think Homey is grumpy today:grumpy: )

You have totally missed the point of the original post. Totally. :rolleyes:

If you want to continue being rude and condescending to a child... be my guest... not my place to tell you what to do, and I hope it makes you feel all important.

I don't recall ANYWHERE saying we had or needed to censor what we post... it was all about how we respond to Alt - that's all. The tone of our responses. He is, after all, still a youngun'.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Spirit said:
I am not asking anyone to do anything differently as far as what or how they post.

.......Imagine you're at a party. Someone brings thier child. He's 13. Do you respond to his "youthful"(read immature, ignorant, silly) remarks with belittlement or denigration? No. You either ignore it or chuckle along with him so he doesn't feel humiliated.

...........I am not saying we have to watch our topics or responses to eachother.........

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
unclehobart said:
I didn't take it that bad since I know shes got a lad at the same age. I just took it as a maternal associative defensive reflex by proxy.

You're pretty terrific, Unc. And I think you get what I'm saying here.

HomeLAN

First, this isn't a party. It's a board. There are some similarities, but some really major differences, too. Unless I know everybody at a party pretty well, I don't even think about discussing religion or politics. It's common on a board (possibly because it's tough to throttle someone through a keyboard :D )

Secondly, yes you are asking us to watch what we post. All we do here is post. You have a serious enough issue with the tone some of us take with a member to publicly scold. Sorry, but I'm not letting that one simply slip on by.

AlladinSane

She's only pointing some of us are being overly(?) 'not nice' to him and while that behaviour doesn't qualify for reprimand, still it doesn't fit in the mood we're supposed to keep here. That's why she's stating her point of view. No need to be so harsh IMO.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Exactly, Altron is not being treated as the rest of us. If he is not meant to read something, that's his problem. But his age is no excuse to be rude with him.

I just treat him like i treat any other regular member, is the least that any person deserve.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
:nono: This topic is really eating at me... I admit to being one who has been less than gentle with Altron. I believe I was also the first to mention my discomfort when members were entertaining his fantasies with weapons of destruction. I was, perhaps, overtaken by disrespect for him once he actually threatened bodily harm if we didn't explain ourselves....That, coupled with the inconsistencies of his projected intelligence, gave rise to some of the doubts and suspicions that others have expressed here. I believe, now, that he is infact 13. And I believe he is from where he says. I live in that area and as I've stated, he answered my question correctly. My problem now is that, even though, by his own admission (on several occassions), he would be in "big trouble if his parents found out he was here", we are still entertaining his fantasies. Anyone who has parented children, and most who haven't, will understand that Spirit's concerns are sincere and legitimate. I have had to rethink my own actions because of that. I apologize to Altron for being less than proper in dealing with him. That said, I for one, will not participate in threads discussing weaponry, or answers to sexuallly explicit questions on his behalf. I think the level of adult themes and humor here at OTC are beyond him and I can't, with clear conscience, discuss that stuff with him...Especially knowing that it would be against his parent's wishes.

Altron

I feel somewhat akward about the thread "Two Girls Kissing" now

I didn't post there.

I just can't find the edit button with these new icons, unc </stupid excuse>

/me just found new page after posting

I'm glad you no longer think I am a 37 y/o fat man... :)

About age limits, I vote for moving it up to 14 years old on March 4, 2003
Then ot 15 on March 4, 2004
Then 16 on March 4, 2005

lol :)

Professur

Until it was brought up, I had no idea of his age. But then, age means so little today. I know 18 year olds who are totally clueless, and 12 year olds who've got a solid grip on reality.

Then there's the problem of how old someone is, against how old they say they are. I'm certainly not gonna lose any sleep trying to analyse someone's posting technique to see if they're really who and what they say they are. S4 admits he posts as Bubba. Does he post any different from one persona to the other? I know that any time I've made a second user, it's been to post as a different person. The odds of anyone spotting that it's the same person at the keyboard are miniscule, because while I'm posting as that second person, I'm not Professur. I don't think, react, or even type the same way. I don't even have the same accent. Anyone fleuently bilingual does the same. To be fleuent, you have to think in the second language. Posting as a second user is just an extension of the same talent.

Hence, I treat every user as an individual until they tell me they're the same person. I also treat every individual as is they're lying to me with every post. I also treat every individual as is they really believe they're telling me the truth.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
HomeLAN said:
Secondly, yes you are asking us to watch what we post. All we do here is post. You have a serious enough issue with the tone some of us take with a member to publicly scold. Sorry, but I'm not letting that one simply slip on by.

Forget it, Homey - we aren't going anywhere with this, you and I, because you are not getting what it is I am trying to convey, OR I am not being clear enough for you? Something like that. Okay?

But for the rest of you... thank you for atleast entertaining my concern and understanding where I am coming from.

B

Bubba

I have a couple of reasons for posting as Bubba. First, I think people get sick of s4. At times, I am not a nice as I could be when I post as s4. You may or may not have seen what I wrote to renegade a few days ago. I can't help it. s4 can be a stinker at times. Bubba is a kindler, gentler version of s4. Bubba doesn't get quite as nasty and people don't get quite as upset with the Bubba nickname as they do s4 sometimes.

Do I want to give up my s4 nickname? No, I like it myself. I like to use both nicknames and everyone knows it's me. I don't try to confuse people with it, and it's not used for evil purposes. s4 was the first nickname that I used. People started calling me Bubba. I didn't mind so I use both nicknames, and you can refer to me as either.

About Altron: I have never treated him badly and have never exposed him to anything that I wouldn't have seen or heard when I was that age. At 13 I was not born yesterday, and I suspect Altron knows a thing or two. So, let's quit treating him like he is 6. I do not believe there is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.