Disappointed in some of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professur

I understand where you're coming from. I'm a parent too. So's Homelan. But I reject the premise. We all come here under a certain set of rules, called the AUP. Asking us to censor ourselves beyond that set of rules is one thing. Telling us that you're dissapointed in us because we aren't is quite another.

freako104

your concerns showed you care i apologise for not posting in this earlier as i was never quite sure what to say. i try to be respectful of everyone and believe in waht they say unless they are lying. spirit remember homey does make some valid points as well as you do so dont disregard what hes saying in this as he has concerns as he himself is a parent. altrons parents are right to be ncomfy in his posting here as was said we are all pretty much in our 20s/30s for the most part few younger and more older(by older i mean 21 or older) and discussing things at OUR level and havent explained a lot to him. that said think about this: we dont explain he goes to parents(not saying you do altron its just something that could be happening) or the parents see it and dont want him having said knowledge of controversial subjects at his age

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Bubba said:
I have never treated him badly...

Period. Bingo!!

That's ALL I was trying to convey. We can post nudes, talk about sexually explicit things, for all I care. I am only saying that when replying to him, we all need to remember he is 13. That's it. That's all.

B

Bubba

you can't expect a 13 year not to get any idea of what older people are like if you keep them separated from older people. when he gets older, you are doing him a disservice. this crowd is mild compared to some places on the web. if we were that bad, i probably wouldn't be here either. the reason why i hang around this board is because it is tame enough for me to tolerate. some internet sites are just plain nasty and filthy.

the reason i don't treat him badly is because i try to treat everyone the same. i don't intentionally treat anyone badly.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
OH
MY
GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I am reading what I write COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY then what you guys are.. maybe I am being completely incoherent??????????

PLEASE show me where I say:
Professur said:
Asking us to censor ourselves beyond that set of rules is one thing.

or:
HomeLAN said:
you are asking us to watch what we post

I am saying it's the tone and.. oh jesus christ.... nevermind. You obviously don't have a clue what I am saying. None. I have repeated myself over and over... and you still don't get it.

B

Bubba

i know what you are saying. you are saying that some people are picking on Altron because of his age. i take a different view. if he can hold his own here then it gives him a better chance later on in life being his own person.

Professur

Spirit, the tone is what you're asking us to censor. And the asking isn't the problem. It's your presumption to be disappointed that bugs me.

Scanty

Imagine if it was not Altron that Spirit had posted about. Forget all the censoring stuff. If some people here had started to pick on another member...say...me, for example. And no one piped up in my defense. And no one chipped in to say...hey, I think maybe this is going to far. I'd be pretty damn hurt.

I think that's all Spirit was trying to do.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Whatever is being said or not being said, I find myself hesitant to even follow him in the Shoutbox anymore...Guess its time for me to go.... :wave:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Squiggy said:
Whatever is being said or not being said, I find myself hesitant to even follow him in the Shoutbox anymore...Guess its time for me to go....

I really hope you reconsider. I do understand your feelings though, I too have felt uncomfortable answering some of these threads now, knowing he is reading them. I really think Sammy needs to consider raising the age to at least 16 for access to the boards.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
To you, and to Spirit, that may be all that it boils down to. For others, it means more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.