Votes: 4 20.0%
  • disco is dead. leave it at that.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • i dont mind the genre, but its not one of my fav's

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

greenfreak

Saturday Night Fever was on the other day, watched the whole thing. :D

I think labeling songs/groups in one genre or another is useless these days. There are so many groups that don't fit one or another and I don't see the point classifying them anyway.

Oh and to answer the question, I like many disco songs, and there are some which make me gag also. :)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Disco as it is known today is some sort of electronic music, of course now we have euro disco as well. And techno, gothic and all sort of "dance" music.

And yes, i like that type of music.

freako104

i like all kinds of music but i prefer electronica or trance to disco myself but disco is cool but some sucks. Luis goth music for the msot part isnt very dancy or techno. theres dark new wave which is different. believe me goth is not something one can dance to.

BlurOfSerenity

as far as i've been able to tell, there're different kinds of gothic music.... i used to go listen to www.gothicradio.com , i dont anymore, because it requires realplayer, and i refuse to get realplayer....
but it lists various sub-genres in the gothic music genre thingy.
a lot of the gothy songs i know are quite dance-able. switchblade symphony is not, tho... im trying think of the non-dancy songs i have.

freako104

ash r said:
as far as i've been able to tell, there're different kinds of gothic music.... i used to go listen to www.gothicradio.com , i dont anymore, because it requires realplayer, and i refuse to get realplayer....
but it lists various sub-genres in the gothic music genre thingy.
a lot of the gothy songs i know are quite dance-able. switchblade symphony is not, tho... im trying think of the non-dancy songs i have.

some of theirs is. get Serpentine Gallery that has some but not many. also try bands like Alien Sex Fiend, Rosetta Stone, Faith and Disease, and Trance to the Sun and they are much more goth than SS. and there is many types of goth music but most is not dancy

S

s4

i don't mind disco, but i don't listen to it much. there are some types of music that i never listen to that i like. for instance, i think it's called new age or something. some people call it elevator music.:headbang: