discuss: creative arts and design forum

[b]

samcurry said:
copyright? Are you saying that your work is copyrighted? its supposed to be your own and if you are posting your own work then there shouldnt be any issues.

Anything original you create is automatically copyrighted under us law. the problem you get into is proving you created it. the best way for the do-it-yourself person is to mail it to yourself so it's postmarked in a sealed envelope. then you need to store it someplace safe. just placing it in a safe deposit box doesn't do much for you. having the postmark shows an "official" date.

also, make sure you include something on your images stating it's your copyright. i think i posted some stuff on here where i had done that. just put copyright, the symbol, the year, and who owns it. most of the time just your name. ex. copyright (c) 2002 photography by

that's the one i use.

if it's really an issue, maybe a popup window when you enter the forum that states all work is copyrighted by their respective owners and to contact the original poster of the thread for info on using said work.

can we right click protect this forum? not much protection, but a deterrent for the not so computer inclined.

Aunty Em

It's the unpublished that is a problem. There's a site over here which deals with copyright in the UK. I believe you can send them a CD with your work and they will store it. I'll have to check that out.

I've experimented with encripting my pages but I don't know how effective it is. Check it out if you like and let me know.

http://jazzpoet56.tripod.com/pages/autumnalhymn.html

greenfreak

As with any posting on the web, each person should copyright their own material. I think there could be mention of it in the forum itself and in the AUP but ultimately, I think it falls to the individual.

There are a few ways to copyright photos with electronic watermarking and such (if you just put a line of copyright text on the bottom of the pic, it can be cut out easily) but I've been too lazy to do it yet. :)

freako104

i like the idea myself. if you want to copyright it then say you wrote it. at the end of each post say by: and state your name. its what ill do

fi

will it just be for visual stuff? could someone link to music they'd made too...?

I think it's a brilliant idea :)

Scanty

fi said:
will it just be for visual stuff? could someone link to music they'd made too...?

I think it's a brilliant idea :)

yeah, it would include all types of creativity, I suppose. Music would be really cool. :headbang: