Do you like to barbecue?

Sharky

If so, you MUST meet the BBQ Pit Boys.

These guys know what they are doing. I have done almost every one of their recipes and each one has been incredibly tasty!

Finally broke down and bought a nice stainless steel Char-Broil grill this summer and I've been cooking on it every Saturday and Sunday ever since. I'm up to 200 lbs, and still gaining! :banana:

Professur

I invested in a Char-griller super pro, with side box. Yeah, I might have added a bit too .... bad Damn, it's worth every belt hole I give up.

GrandCaravanSE

Actually, you can cook quite slowly on even a regular grill (I think the unit Prof has will do both at once), it just takes practice.

Yes well that is true, but alot of people think when the "BBQ" ribs on the grill they are actually Grilling it at i high heat. oh yes Professur it does equal fast eating why does it take so much time.

Professur

Because when you slow, slow cook a brisket, all that fat turns to sugar, the spices slowly seep all the way through to the middle, and the meat turns so tender you could slice it with a spoon.

GrandCaravanSE

Because when you slow, slow cook a brisket, all that fat turns to sugar, the spices slowly seep all the way through to the middle, and the meat turns so tender you could slice it with a spoon.

Thanks alot now i am really hungry, i need slow cooked food, i hate cooking it, it takes to long, i have to have somebody keep me away from the smell of it.

Professur

My daughter steals whatever shirt I wear whenever I do a smoke, and sleeps with it because she loves the smell. That smell gets into everything.

chcr

Too cute for words
Yes well that is true, but alot of people think when the "BBQ" ribs on the grill they are actually Grilling it at i high heat. oh yes Professur it does equal fast eating why does it take so much time.

I just love the folks that say "Come on over, we're going to barbecue" then they'll proceed to make hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill. Not that there's anything really wrong with hamburgers and hot dogs (and brats) on the grill but it sure as hell ain't no barbecue.

GrandCaravanSE

I just love the folks that say "Come on over, we're going to barbecue" then they'll proceed to make hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill. Not that there's anything really wrong with hamburgers and hot dogs (and brats) on the grill but it sure as hell ain't no barbecue.

Yea some people are dumb, i say i am going to have "a griller" i have to gramaticlly correct.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
My daughter steals whatever shirt I wear whenever I do a smoke, and sleeps with it because she loves the smell. That smell gets into everything.

What wood do you usually use for your smoking? I tend to use either pecan or oak. Both tend to give the meat a 'nutty' flavor. BTW...My grill and yours are almost exactly the same.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Weber, 20lb turkey & 4 hours.....grilling or BBQ or smoking?

I'd say a combo of grilling for 2 to 3 hours and then smoking until done. Just be sure to pick some fruit or nut wood to give it some flavor. The high heat will give you the crispy skin, and the smoking will give you the flavor.A grill like prof's or mine will give you that option. If you don't have that king of grill, just make sure your wood is wet and wrapped in foil with some fork holes to let the smoke out. Cook until the juice runs clear and the joints wiggle freely. ;)

Professur

All I've got available is apple, hickory or mesquite. The market up here is thin, so I have to make do. Not like Catocom who can just walk out into his back yard and pick up hickory off the ground.

Short burns (under 4 hours) get hickory, but longer than that I reach for the apple.

But here's the bitch. A 1lbs bag of apple chips is $5+. Charcoal during the summer (for the good stuff) is up to $15/18lbs briquette or 10lbs lump.

Needless to say, during the winter closeouts a couple of weeks back, I laid in next year's supplies at $4/bag.