Votes: 24 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fury

Administrator
Staff member
This is a yes or no question, there is no grey area/maybe/i'm not sure/go to hell i'm not answering your poll/shut up and hump me you sexy hot beast...err... wait a minute, I think I'll put that one up there just for the ladies :brow:...hmm, nahh.. Yes or no.

Period.

You either want one or you don't. Got it? :headbang:

The poll will last for 7 days, after which I will do whatever.

[/siz]

[edit]3=7. Happy hobart? :D[/edit]

Dave

i vote no.
put a "report post to a moderator" button in. or something like that.

unclehobart

Its a holiday weekend. 3 days isnt nearly long enough to get a proper cross sample of regulars.

I object to the use of a poll as a substitute for a simple admin decison by the site owner. Using an Arbitron style opinion poll in lieu of a logical statement of purpose as to the underlying reasoning for the action is weak. If its too burdensome to ask for a little personal thought into the matter by the big wigs around here... I would just assume withdraw the request.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I alone am unable, perhaps even unwilling to make the decision. As stated in the other thread about the ignore feature, I am concerned that my decision in this matter would weigh so greatly that the wrong move could cause a falling out. Therefore I post this poll hoping to get a general feel for what the right move would be.

unclehobart

Would you at least make it a 7 day poll to allow for holiday stragglers?

Where is sam in all of this? Is he 100% hands off in these matters?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Spot, I wouldn't consider this as being about a single irrataing reply. Its more for the instance when two people obviously don't get along with each other or one person can't tolerate a particular person. Its a personal choice thing. The person you may want to block may not have done anything requiring administrative action. It could be you just find them too abrasive to tolerate. Its a good thing...Just my 37 cents....

unclehobart

the wrong move could cause a falling out
Im the one who started it. I don't have a quiet army of supporters that I know of. I have had no discussions with anyone, nor have I attempted to rally support for my postion via emails and whatnot. There is no army of peasants at the gates of the castle. Insofar as I know, I am alone in making this request. If you tell me no.. I won't be leaving. Its not a make or break issue with me... its just another tool. Simple as that.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It's 7 now. :D

Sam is, as are most of the other mods/admins, probably out living a life, as everybody should be especially during holidays. I am sitting here not even able to figure out whether I should get a job first or apply for college first or lay a chick first, let alone do I have any money to go out and have the good times people my age are supposed to be having. Thus, here I sit running the show solo. :headbang:

unclehobart

get a job, get a hooker, go to night school... in that order. Confidence, self respect, financial security, base needs, development ... its a life path that allows one to grow without stress stroking out.

B

Bubba

i am neutral on the issue and wont vote

i can tell ya that s4 would have pushed for a different direction than the board took back when he was supermod, but now Bubba is less interested in telling someone how to run their website. i don't like to butt in even though i have a couple of times since coming back.

B

Bubba

since this one is gonna determine if you add it or not, why not just keep the discussion here if it's too much for ya?

B

Bubba

This hack allows members to compile a list of users to ignore. Posts of the ignored users will be replaced by a message that the user is being ignored. There is a link that will show the post if the member chooses to read it.

This also removes the ignored user's post in the topic review when replying to the thread.

Link: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/viewhack.php?id=789

Interesting site :)

Scanty

mhh...this poll is a bit pointless only because of this: it's VERY hard for people to vote objectively.

If there is people that you have a problem with in this forum, you are most likely to vote 'yes' to having an ignore function. If you haven't got any problems with anyone in this forum...what reason have you to vote 'yes'? Unless you think about it super-super hard and realise that one day you might want to use it.

Please can we have a 'I don't mind either way' option?

Jeslek

Banned
Squiggy said:
Spot, I wouldn't consider this as being about a single irrataing reply. Its more for the instance when two people obviously don't get along with each other or one person can't tolerate a particular person. Its a personal choice thing.
I agree with Squiggy on this part.

The purpose of a message board is not to ignore half the people you don't like. If there was an ignore feature, I would never use it just because I read everyone's posts. If you really want to ignore someone, just don't read his posts... Its not that hard to scroll down a bit more.

unclehobart

no... he agreed with Squiggy, stated something to the dead opposite, and then voted dead opposite. *shakes head roll eyes combo*

Jeslek

Banned
unclehobart said:
no... he agreed with Squiggy, stated something to the dead opposite, and then voted dead opposite. *shakes head roll eyes combo*
I editted the post to only show the part of the quote that I agree with. :rolleyes: My mistake to post the entire quote... Sorry.

B

Bubba

i voted yes because Unc seems to really want this thing. i am not for or against the idea, but if it will make a few people who are really unhappy happy then i vote yes.