• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Just my 2 cents worth.

Why would anyone NOT want it? If you're not gonna use it then why do you care if it's there?

If someone wants to block out the posts of another and not get the full message board experience that is their choice.

I would not use the ignore button but if there are some people who REALLY do want it I think it should be added because it's presense will not affect those who do not want to use it.

The ONLY reason that I think it maybe should not be added is cause it's more work for fury and we run him ragged already.

As for the arguments about how it woudl affect the board, blah, blah, blah, as I said before if you don't use it, it is not going to affect your use of the boards so why should you care about it?

B

Bubba

one reason for possibly not adding it is that the hack would have to be reinstalled if there is an upgrade to the software

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Bubba: That reason would fall under the "more work for fury" category IMHO :)

BTW, how ya been?

B

Bubba

doing ok.

i think it should be up to fury if he wants to mess with it

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh, definately the final decision lies with him

I still don't understand though why anyone woudl be opposed to it (unless their reasoning was because they didn't want fury to have the extra work in which case it'd be understandable)

Jeslek

Banned
I'm not opposed to it, I'm just saying I will never use it, it could lead to issues, and its an awful lot of work for fury just to make the life of a few individuals easier. :)

Scanty

Nixy said:
Why would anyone NOT want it? If you're not gonna use it then why do you care if it's there?

If someone wants to block out the posts of another and not get the full message board experience that is their choice.

I would not use the ignore button but if there are some people who REALLY do want it I think it should be added because it's presense will not affect those who do not want to use it.

I agree whole-heartedly, Nixy. :)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I did not vote, because the ignore function would not work for me anyway.

B

Bubba

it would if you followed my lead and became a member like me :D

being a mod is no fun

unclehobart

I would also like to add that such an ignore function should not work against admin types. They sometimes have important info to spread in official capacity.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
That might not be fair. If the admin rarely ever uses the forum to spread the word about something but is an egotistical asshole, people still won't be able to ignore him.

B

Bubba

i would never add you to my ignore list even if i could :)

i'm just giving Unc confidence :headbang:

whoreable

i voted "no"

i think that you should be forced to read everything someone posts. i think it might be a law in some contries,

unclehobart

fury said:
That might not be fair. If the admin rarely ever uses the forum to spread the word about something but is an egotistical asshole, people still won't be able to ignore him.
The way I figure it... if someone hates the chief management of a site... they wont stick around long at that site. [cough]jjr...

B

Bubba

unclehobart said:
fury said:
The way I figure it... if someone hates the chief management of a site... they wont stick around long at that site. [cough]jjr...

I've always wanted the differences between people here and JJR mended. That's one of the things that got me booted last time, so I wont try anymore.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
unclehobart said:
I would also like to add that such an ignore function should not work against admin types. They sometimes have important info to spread in official capacity.

I agree with this, admins and Mods should not be able to be ignored. They are after all the dictators, er I mean, Leaders of this site.

btw, I feel I should go on record in saying I am a member of Uncs quiet army of supporters. That is all.