Doormat-In-Chief does it again

Winky

It hasn’t been a year, we’ve had enough.

not_funny.JPG

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The USA is not 'the free world'...therefore Obama is not the leader of the free world.

As for the rest..he's bowing..kinda like shaking hands, ya know.

Who stepped to the plate before the USA? Persoanl Freedom is a USA invention. We are the leaders of the free world...until Obama destroys it.

No, it's not like shaking hands. It's a sign of inferiority.

Winky

Ooops I did it again!

Yep he’s trying to prostrate America before the world.
We all recall what happened the last time a Demonrat
president did that!

carter_worst2.jpg

spike

Who stepped to the plate before the USA? Persoanl Freedom is a USA invention. We are the leaders of the free world...until Obama destroys it.

Sure Gonz, there was never personal freedom anywhere before the US. We are the leaders of ourselves. Other countries have their own leaders.

You don't seem very familiar with Japanese culture. Bowing can be a sign of respect or thanks or hospitality. When I go go to Japanese restaurants the owners often bow at me. I never think "Hey, he's inferior!".

Eisenhower and Nixon also bowed when meeting with foreign leaders.

This is ridiculous drama queen bullshit. It's pathetic and it just shows how petty some people can get trying to whine about Obama. Childish.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
An American President is to NEVER bow before another national leader. What do you think 1776 was for?

Nixon & Eisenhower? Say what?

spike

An American President is to NEVER bow before another national leader. What do you think 1776 was for?

1776 really had nothing to do with using diplomacy with other countries in the future.

Nixon & Eisenhower? Say what?

Nixon bowed to Akihito of Japan and Eisenhower bowed to Charles De Gaulle of France.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'd like to see that Life photo...

Look at the photos of Eisenhower. It is not comparable & it looks more like a style of greeting, not subservience (though, he still should have watched it)

MrBishop

1) England prior to you.
2) Don't make me laugh - that's perhaps the most egocentric thing I've heard in decades! Your country isn't even 250 years old yet. Invented freedom :rofl:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Do you think for one second that your nation, or any other, would have the freedoms they have had it not been for America?

spike...Obama could have been looking for a lost contact as low as he was.

spike

The Japanese guy is really short. The French guy was taller than Eisenhower.

Regardless, trivial crap.

Winky

Is this our finest hour, or do we go with a whimper?

What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over. I expect that the Battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization. Upon it depends our own British life, and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this Island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be freed and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour."

ResearchMonkey

You don't seem very familiar with Japanese culture. Bowing can be a sign of respect or thanks or hospitality. When I go go to Japanese restaurants the owners often bow at me. I never think "Hey, he's inferior!".

First off, in jap culture, you keep eye contact for respect, muck like you might see in marshal arts. You don't go low unless your submitting, like Obama did. Moreover, you don't shake hands during a bow, maybe after, but traditionally you don't touch during the greeting at all.

Seems your restaurant owner repsects you for the money your going to pay him, maybe he submits :shrug:

So why didn't Obama bow to the Queen of England?

Obama's worldwide apologies tour continues.

jokerama.gif
jokerama.gif
jokerama.gif

spike

First off, in jap culture, you keep eye contact for respect, muck like you might see in marshal arts. You don't go low unless your submitting, like Obama did. Moreover, you don't shake hands during a bow, maybe after, but traditionally you don't touch during the greeting at all.

"Japanese business culture remains quite formal. It is usual to offer your hand
in greeting whilst giving a slight bow with the head."

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cach...ol&cd=36&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

"There are three kinds of bows: the first is just about five degrees and is a greeting for friends; the second is about 10 degrees and is for a boss or senior in business; but the third one is at a full 15 degrees and is reserved for heads of state or The Emperor.

Obama's 15 degree bow to The Emperor of Japan was correct."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail??blogid=95&entry_id=51697

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail??blogid=95&entry_id=51697#ixzz0X5L8YFQ8

Seems your restaurant owner repsects you for the money your going to pay him, maybe he submits

Nah he's just polite.

The right's drama queen bitching about stupid shit tour continues.

ResearchMonkey

"Japanese business culture remains quite formal. It is usual to offer your hand
in greeting whilst giving a slight bow with the head."

.......but the third one is at a full 15 degrees and is reserved for heads of state or The Emperor.
slight bow

...and its not 15 degrees from the ground.