Drinking during the day

Dave

I don't drink at all on workdays.
Non-work days I usually don't have a beer till late in the afternoon. Not out of any sense of taboo but I typically have errands to run and I don't drink and drive.
Well...not anymore at least....

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Just about every morning between 0730 and 1100. Of course, I work nights..Does that count?

2minkey

bootlicker
seems fine to me, unless it's not e.g. taking nips of bourbon at 10am on a tuesday as a matter of habit.

JTP

Overheard at the bait store: "Waverly Hall isn't big enough to have a town drunk, so we all take turns".

Seriously- no drinking on the job or when driving is necessary. Fortunately, the best fishing holes are within walking distance.

ClarabellaUK

I normally wouldn't start until 6pm... the "cocktail hour"... but I used to often drink during the day as a student... and I was drinking from 10:30am on Saturday! As I helped the grooms mum get ready for the wedding!!!

I'll have wine with lunch if out for lunch and post shopping with my sis we might nip in somewhere for a glass...

But I guess its more the question... would you drink alone before 5? I don't even drink alone after!!!!!

BlurOfSerenity

if i go out to lunch with people, and am not driving, then i might have a bloody mary. and there's always a place for mimosas in the A.M. i don't drink them personally, but i wouldn't judge someone if they did. (LOL! at first i typed "A.A")

Inkara1

Awesome... you're in an AA meeting and whip out the mimosas. On a related note, over here we have a local chapter of prealateen, which is AA for 7- to 12-year-olds. I'm a little surprised and scared that not only are there alcoholic 7-year-olds, but enough of them in a county with a population of about a quarter million to start up a support group.

tonksy

Awesome... you're in an AA meeting and whip out the mimosas. On a related note, over here we have a local chapter of prealateen, which is AA for 7- to 12-year-olds. I'm a little surprised and scared that not only are there alcoholic 7-year-olds, but enough of them in a county with a population of about a quarter million to start up a support group.

I thought Alateen (and prealateen) was for children of alcoholics.

catocom

I couldn't tell ya where the line is.
As a recovering allky, there was no time it wasn't appropriate.

Hard to hold a job drinking in the morn though it seems.

A.B.Normal

As Tonksy says ,I believe that is for children of Alcoholics .Now if it were Wisconsin

A woman working at a beer tent last July told an officer she thought the man was joking when he asked for two beers — one for him and another for his 4-year-old son.

When he was questioned by an officer, he told him it's legal for underage children to drink in Wisconsin, as long as they're with their parents. The officer countered that the boys weren't old enough to know what they were drinking.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,427621,00.html

Inkara1

All I've ever seen in the paper's community calendar:

Prealateen, a 12-step group for children from 7 to 13, meets at the North County Connection on Wednesdays from 7 to 8 p.m. North County Connection is located at 8600 Atascadero Ave. The group is held under the steps and traditions of Alateen. Spanish speaking groups and Narcotics Anonymous meetings will be held at the same time.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
All I've ever seen in the paper's community calendar:

Prealateen, a 12-step group for children from 7 to 13, meets at the North County Connection on Wednesdays from 7 to 8 p.m. North County Connection is located at 8600 Atascadero Ave. The group is held under the steps and traditions of Alateen. Spanish speaking groups and Narcotics Anonymous meetings will be held at the same time.

Like others have said...the "Ala" series of groups is for people who have alcoholics in their life (friends, family, etc). AlAnon being for adults and Alateen being for teenagers. It's different than A.A. which is for the alcoholics themselves.

kuulani

It's after noon at some part of the world, so why not?! :beerdrnk:

If I'm not working and it's a mellow weekend at home, a nice cold drinky is great!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I associate drinking with long term fun...if you can keep it up, go for it. Otherwise, you'll be sleepy by 2PM.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I associate drinking with long term fun...if you can keep it up, go for it. Otherwise, you'll be sleepy by 2PM.

I did that one day...drank too much too early and by 2pm I was sobered up and hungover. Now if I start early I pace myself.