Dumb brunette....

tonksy

HomeLAN said:
Sure it could. You want me to swap the CD and DVD burners, you just let me know.
Really? Hmmm...We might need to do that. I'd say but it one Rob's machine but if they're anything like CD burners, I'd say no.

Poor guy.

Altron

Bah, 256mb is more than you need. For about a year, I used an 800MHz Dell P3 with 128MB of RAM running XP and it had enough juice to run Winamp with basic visualizations (the video card didn't have enough juice for the fancy stuff) and I could even watch TV on it. I ended up loading too many drivers and breaking the directsound driver, reformatting. Now it's sitting on a workbench because I honestly only need one PC. Oh, and on that Dell, I ran a Server 2003 domain with a Counter-Strike LAN server. I really abused the lil' guy...

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
256 is not bad. I just recently upgraded mine from 256, I was burning DVD's with it. XP2100 proc. And as for the Dells, yeah, they're Dells. They're a bitch to get service for and a bitch to upgrade, but, they're cheap. Much cheaper than I can build em for with the same specs.

tonksy

I'll just be glad when I don't have to hear about how their computer doesn't "make an internet" anymore.

Winky

256 is the min
anymore than 512 would be a waste
except with certain applications

XP can't 'see' more than two Gig anyway

but just wait til Vista arrives

wheel all have to trash our comps