dumbass Air Force 1

Actually though it seems to me you guys think yourself a whole lot better which is pretty funny to one who really thinks about these things....

Cerise

Who was it again that defined an entire voting segment of this country as "bitter, bible toting, gun clingers?"

And speaking of which, wasn't it you that tried to peg me with your assortment of fantasy images?

But, no. You're not at all typical. :rolleyes: You're one of a kind.

I never claimed not to have many of the same failings as others Cerise, I just pointed out a fact regarding what you said about her, nothing more.

valkyrie

OK... here's more from the Wiki... maybe this will help...
"The WHMO's operational units are the most visible element of the WHMO's support to the President. The WHMO units include the: White House Communications Agency, Presidential Airlift Group, White House Medical Unit, Camp David, Marine Helicopter Squadron One, Presidential Food Service, White House Transportation Agency, White House Social Aides, and Military Aides to the President. To assure proper coordination and integration between the WHMO units and customers the WHMO Headquarters organization includes support elements such as Operations; Policy, Plans, and Requirements; Information and Technology Management; Financial Management and Comptroller; WHMO Counsel, and Security. Together the WHMO's entities provide essential service to the President as well as help assure the continuity of the Presidency."

I don't get how you get this guy has the authority, when it says, he is basically is a messenger, not the decision maker...
which is it?
IMO failed job, just ain't good enough.

nope responsibility can not be handed off. The president is the buck stopper, he said so himself.
If obama didn't authorize this, then that isn't the definition you provided.
It just can't be both ways.
Sorry... it's getting harder and harder to find the posts that are on topic in this thread. It's getting filled with useless personal attacks. This might be my last post in it for a while until it gets cleaned up. I'd like to thank you for staying on topic with me to discuss, since it has helped me learn a quite a lot about Louis Caldera's former job (which I didn't know anything about until the article came out and I did a bit of research).

There is no way the president can authorize every daily detail, so there are positions like this directorship created to handle tasks such as procurement, scheduling, etc. In this case, Caldera ordered and authorized the use of Airforce One for the photo shop (along with the accompanying jet), not the president. There has been no evidence that points to the president authorizing the flight or requesting the photos. Louis Caldera took the responsibility and did the right thing: he resigned.

It's the same with the lunch menu, ordering stationary, ordering and scheduling maintenance for the presidential motor pool, etc.. Someone else plans the menu and orders the food for lunch. The president doesn't do that, even if it's in his own kitchen.

I know that there are some who would like to believe that the president orders and personally authorizes every single detail but that's logistically impossible. Delegation of responsibility is the only way for the president to do his job, and delegation to people who are qualified is very important.

valkyrie

If I bore you, then what's the deal with your obsession with me?

Miss Thang = Typical librul elite. :rolleyes: Always trying to give the impression that she is just a Leeeeeetle Bit Better.
I'm not chasing you, Cerise... you are chasing me. You should work this out in therapy.

I am better... than you. At least in those respects I would say that I hold myself to a higher intellectual standard than you do of yourself. But please, don't let me stop you, continue degrading yourself a bit more. It seems to amuse you.

catocom

Sorry... it's getting harder and harder to find the posts that are on topic in this thread. It's getting filled with useless personal attacks. This might be my last post in it for a while until it gets cleaned up. I'd like to thank you for staying on topic with me to discuss, since it has helped me learn a quite a lot about Louis Caldera's former job (which I didn't know anything about until the article came out and I did a bit of research).

There is no way the president can authorize every daily detail, so there are positions like this directorship created to handle tasks such as procurement, scheduling, etc. In this case, Caldera ordered and authorized the use of Airforce One for the photo shop (along with the accompanying jet), not the president. There has been no evidence that points to the president authorizing the flight or requesting the photos. Louis Caldera took the responsibility and did the right thing: he resigned.

It's the same with the lunch menu, ordering stationary, ordering and scheduling maintenance for the presidential motor pool, etc.. Someone else plans the menu and orders the food for lunch. The president doesn't do that, even if it's in his own kitchen.

I know that there are some who would like to believe that the president orders and personally authorizes every single detail but that's logistically impossible. Delegation of responsibility is the only way for the president to do his job, and delegation to people who are qualified is very important.

man that sounds like a Real danger to security! (in this situation)
This and eggs and toast.:eek13:

Frodo

what was being transported

did the proper state authorities get notified?

There are no restrictions on flying military aircraft in the U.S. I have flown many fighters cross country through a lot of different states. I just needed to have flight orders from the USAF. The FAA does not even question it at all.

As to the photo op, I heard that it was combined with training flights that would have taken place anyway. I assume that the F-16 was a two seater and the cameraman was in the back. I don't see a problem yet.

As to why they wanted it secret, I have no idea unless they thought that someone would try to shoot it down, but that seems pretty paranoid. Or, maybe they were worried that some smart ass kid in the background would hold rabbit ears above his sister's head when they snapped the shot.

As to the New Yorkers running around like chickens with thier heads cut off...You seem nervous, Why? Bush is out, Obama in, were all one big happy family now. Who would possibly want to hurt you? BTW, did you happen to notice the Presidential paint scheme on the big scary airplane?

Cerise

I'd like to thank you for staying on topic with me to discuss, since it has helped me learn a quite a lot about Louis Caldera's former job (which I didn't know anything about until the article came out and I did a bit of research).

Since you brought it up.......what was the source you used to arrive at the position that Louie C. was the one who not only authorized the flight, but actually dreamed up the idea and put it into action?

Please link that bad boy up.

:shrug:

catocom

There are no restrictions on flying military aircraft in the U.S. I have flown many fighters cross country through a lot of different states. I just needed to have flight orders from the USAF. The FAA does not even question it at all.

As to the photo op, I heard that it was combined with training flights that would have taken place anyway. I assume that the F-16 was a two seater and the cameraman was in the back. I don't see a problem yet.

As to why they wanted it secret, I have no idea unless they thought that someone would try to shoot it down, but that seems pretty paranoid. Or, maybe they were worried that some smart ass kid in the background would hold rabbit ears above his sister's head when they snapped the shot.

As to the New Yorkers running around like chickens with thier heads cut off...You seem nervous, Why? Bush is out, Obama in, were all one big happy family now. Who would possibly want to hurt you? BTW, did you happen to notice the Presidential paint scheme on the big scary airplane?

On that first part...IMO there need be a change there somehow. I'm not so much concerned about the military, it's the bureaucracy part that needs to go.
IMO, military all the way up on it.

the bold part...
nervous, that's an understatement. It is a major problem.
'one big happy family'?:rofl2:

'who would hurt me doesn't concern me as much as my god-children's future.

valkyrie

On that first part...IMO there need be a change there somehow. I'm not so much concerned about the military, it's the bureaucracy part that needs to go.
IMO, military all the way up on it.
<< snippety snip>>
I don't think that's fiscally responsible for the military. I would rather have a lean, efficient military than a wasteful one. They need to transport across country. How would you satisfy that requirement?

valkyrie

Since you brought it up.......what was the source you used to arrive at the position that Louie C. was the one who not only authorized the flight, but actually dreamed up the idea and put it into action?

Please link that bad boy up.

:rolleyes: That information has been provided and I won't waste my energy. Go find it in this thread yourself. If you're too stupid to find it yourself, tough shit. Pay attention in class, and stop trolling for a while. :rolleyes:

catocom

I don't think that's fiscally responsible for the military. I would rather have a lean, efficient military than a wasteful one. They need to transport across country. How would you satisfy that requirement?

handle it the same as transporting other personnel, law-wise.

The military roll others than politics would be the same but, without the bureaucracy.

If it's NEEDED, it wouldn't be a waste.

valkyrie

handle it the same as transporting other personnel, law-wise.

The military roll others than politics would be the same but, without the bureaucracy.

If it's NEEDED, it wouldn't be a waste.
Hmmmmm... I think I may have misunderstood you somewhere in this thread. :confused:
I think you were saying that the military shouldn't transport across the country (shouldn't cross state lines).

If that's the case, then how would you propose they transport between bases in the US if they can't cross state lines?

If that's not what you were saying... then... wow, my mistake!

catocom

Hmmmmm... I think I may have misunderstood you somewhere in this thread. :confused:
I think you were saying that the military shouldn't transport across the country (shouldn't cross state lines).

If that's the case, then how would you propose they transport between bases in the US if they can't cross state lines?

If that's not what you were saying... then... wow, my mistake!

nope, I was saying the military has a specific process.
during the bush admin, concessions were made in good faith.
Now that good faith has be trampled on, so we need to look again at those powers afforded.
But that was kinda beside the point really.
It's not so much the transfer, but the notification policies.

Cerise

:rolleyes: That information has been provided and I won't waste my energy. Go find it in this thread yourself. If you're too stupid to find it yourself, tough shit. Pay attention in class, and stop trolling for a while. :rolleyes:

You would rather waste your energy on insults and name-calling than admit you're wrong? I see.

The info you provided only claimed Caldera "approved" it. That he gave it "clearance." I was just wondering how you could translate that to he "initiated" the flight.

Caldera had approved the mission. His resignation came on the same day Defense Secretary Robert Gates said in a letter to Senator John McCain that the photo shoot cost U.S. taxpayers as much as $357,000.

The report of the review, also released on Friday, said ultimately Caldera did not notify relevant White House officials about the flyover in advance.

"When asked why he failed to do so, he did not offer a coherent explanation. He stated that it was not a conscious decision -- he did not intend not to notify them," it said. "Instead, he suggested that it may have been an oversight."

Caldera is the scapegoat. He took a bullet for whoever "requested" the flight. :shrug:

Aren't you interested in why your tax money is being spent in that way?

Cerise

:rolleyes:

Poor Val. When all else fails turn to your favorite last resort: personal insults.

Fly away, Harpy!

Somebody in the WH with a 9-10 mindset decided to send the CiC's 747 in the company of 2 fighter jets on a flight to buzz the streets of NYC for a claimed "update to an iconic photo."

When it turned out to be a bad thing, the person who "authorized" said bright idea was chosen as the scapegoat, to cover for the higher ups in the foodchain who ordered it in the first place.

valkyrie

Look, you are obviously too lazy to go look any of this up yourself, though I've posted it here in this very thread. I see no reason to make like easier for a waste of human skin such as yourself by expending energy finding it for you (again). So quit asking.

Posting false arguments and information, and personally attacking me means nothing to me, troll. So again... fly away, Harpy!