dumbass Air Force 1

jimpeel

yeah, i'm sure he tracks the repair history of every vehicle in the motorpool too. that's the stuff he's really paying attention to, not the economy, the war, or the 11 over things that are bubbling over right now.

gee jim you've really never been more than a grunt-level employee have you? see, often times, when you are the boss, people track and take care of the little shit for you.

How about "Sir, AF-1 and the limo will be out of service for today as AF-1 is being used in a photo shoot and the limo is undergoing routine maintenance."

Ya think that would be a reasonable assessment?

jimpeel

libruls

:rolleyes:

You'd like to think it was a made-up lie, wouldn't you?

Do you really believe that he had absolutely no idea where his plane was? It is not merely a plane--it's a flying command center--critical to this country in a time of national crisis, and he damn well better know what is going on with it.

Of course, whether or not he'd use it in a time of national crisis is up for question. Inasmuch as he is bent on burning this country to the ground and rebuilding it in his own image, probably not. :shrug:

Yet the same people who say that he didn't know anything about his plane are the same ones who complained that GW was whisked away and spent 9/11 flying around on AF-1. The country was attacked and where was the first place they took the president to assure his absolute safety?

AF-1.

What was he doing while he was on AF-1?

Using it as the commend and control center for the United States of America.

Where was the safest place for the president to be on 9/11?

On AF-1.

So why would the president not know about the primary evacuation and command and control vehicle being unavailable?

AF-1 lacks only two vital things when it is not in use: The president and the football. Does anyone here think the president knows the whereabouts of the football at all times; or is he equally stupid about that as well?

Inkara1

I'm well aware that there are multiple planes, and "Air Force One" is whichever of those planes the president is on at a particular time and those planes have other names when the president is not aboard.

I'm only saying that the buck is supposed to stop at the president's desk, even when it's something his appointees did, sort of like how Bush was ultimately responsible for what his appointees did. I figure one standard is enough.

2minkey

bootlicker
but, again, one can't reasonably expect him to manage or be aware of all those lower level details.

when he heard about it, he got mad and demanded explanation. the guy that made the decision resigned (and was likely pressured to do so).

the buck stopped.

game over.

Professur

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Obama drew big laughs at the annual White House Correspondents' Association dinner Saturday, taking jabs at his administration, his Republican rivals and even himself.
President Obama delivers some one-liners at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner on Saturday.

President Obama delivers some one-liners at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner on Saturday.

"I would like to talk about what my administration plans to achieve in the next 100 days," Obama said. "During the second 100 days, we will design, build and open a library dedicated to my first 100 days."

He added later, "I believe that my next 100 days will be so successful, I will be able to complete them in 72 days -- and on the 73rd day I will rest."

The Democratic president poked fun at the Republican Party, saying it "does not qualify for a bailout" and conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh "doesn't count as a troubled asset."

Obama touched on a few gaffes during his short time in office, from Vice President Joe Biden's verbose tendencies to an unfortunate Air Force One photo op that frightened New Yorkers -- playfully pointing his finger at his young daughters.

"Sasha and Malia aren't here tonight because they're grounded," he said. "You can't just take Air Force One on a joyride to Manhattan -- I don't care whose kids you are."

As the world shakes off swine flu fears that started in Mexico, Obama noted his old rivalry with former Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton, who now serves as secretary of state.

"We had been rivals during the campaign, but these days we could not be closer," the president said. "In fact, the second she got back from Mexico, she pulled me into a hug and gave me a big kiss -- told me to get down there myself."

Obama even took on former Vice President Dick Cheney, who wasn't in attendance: "He is very busy working on his memoirs, tentatively titled, "How to Shoot Friends and Interrogate People."

Obama took a somber tone, though, when specifically addressing the reporters in the room -- noting the financial struggles that have afflicted the newspaper industry.

"Across the country, there are extraordinary, hardworking journalists who have lost their jobs in recent days, recent weeks, recent months," he said. "I know each newspaper and media outlet is wrestling with how to respond with these changes. ... Not every ending will be a happy one.

"It is also true that your ultimate success as an industry is essential to the success of our democracy -- it's what makes this thing work," Obama said

source

How cute. You wanted change, and you got it. Instead of a politician, you got a stand up comic.

spike

You have some issue with him telling jokes at an event where presidents usually tell jokes and being good at it?

Professur

Once again, Sunshine, your fingers move quicker than the speed of thought. I don't recall badmouthing anyone, 'cept maybe Bish from time to time. And frankly, unless Bish happens to run for office, I don't see that as being any of your concern.

Professur

You have some issue with him telling jokes at an event where presidents usually tell jokes and being good at it?

I have no issue with him at all. He does, however, seem to have gotten over being "furious" enough to treat it as a joke.

MrBishop

Once again, Sunshine, your fingers move quicker than the speed of thought. I don't recall badmouthing anyone, 'cept maybe Bish from time to time. And frankly, unless Bish happens to run for office, I don't see that as being any of your concern.
So..I can count on your support in the next Mayoral race for Longueuil?

GrandCaravanSE

The fallguy takes one for the team!

You. Caldera. Under the bus!

$400,000 photo:

050809_flyover.jpg

Really, someone could of photoshopped that in...

Cerise

How many flags are flying on tall poles at the Statue of Liberty?

Yes, you are looking at TWO AMERICAN FLAGS IN THE BACKGROUND. One of which is the result of the clone tool in Photoshop.

On top of that, there’s even the tip of a third flag that appears just above them. In fact, I spotted several anomalies throughout the photo without much effort.I am a graphic designer so I use photoshop daily, I am very familiar with the clone tool- it’s one of my favorites. The tell-tale repeating pattern that happens when you use it to cover unwanted areas is indisputable.

Here is a large version of the photo released by the White House Friday night. Look closely. You can see two flags flying:

306m.jpg

The first two images, side-by-side, show detail from the photo released by the White House Friday night.

Immediately below them, the round image on the left with the 2 flags circled in pink shows the detail again. Next to that, on the right, is a detail of a stock-photo image of the Statue of Liberty flag (note: singular).

2flags.jpg

Inkara1

I'm not seeing it, and I also work with photoshop on a regular basis. If I could find a higher-resolution image, it would help out a lot, but the "cloned" "flag" doesn't look the same as the original flag. I don't suppose it could be dead vegetation, a wall (the stock picture for comparison is from a different angle taken at a different time of the year).

Or, you can just go to MSN's map service and use "aerial view"...

libertyisland.jpg

2minkey

bootlicker
I'm not seeing it, and I also work with photoshop on a regular basis. If I could find a higher-resolution image, it would help out a lot, but the "cloned" "flag" doesn't look the same as the original flag. I don't suppose it could be dead vegetation, a wall (the stock picture for comparison is from a different angle taken at a different time of the year).

Or, you can just go to MSN's map service and use "aerial view"...

no, no, it's just another one of barack's crafty tricks!!! he's probably going to use that extra flagpole to smuggle marxist jihadists into the US!!!