Earth:The newest Star

Cerise

The Earth is Hotter than the Sun:

AlGore:
People think about geothermal energy - when they think about it at all - in terms of the hot water bubbling up in some places, but two kilometers or so down in most places there are these incredibly hot rocks, 'cause the interior of the earth is extremely hot, several million degrees, and the crust of the earth is hot ...

GoreAlBlowingHotAirOnGlobe.jpg

Planet Gore

chcr

Too cute for words
Me too. It won't take long to heat your home when, only a couple of KM down, it's a bazillion degrees. Hurry though, it'll only last 35,000 years.

Although, considering that, from just a few feet down, the temperature is a constant 55°, how does that heat those in LA? Phoenix? Bakersfield? San Diego?
Hell, 55° barely heats my house in Ft Wayne where -20° is not unheard of.

That's actually how geothermal for buildings works. A little farther down the temperature is around 68° 24/7/365. A lot more efficient to use a heat/cool a circulating fluid from 68° than the ambient air from -20°/90°, huh? Problem is that it's very expensive to retrofit an existing structure. In new construction you'd be foolish not to include it. Pays for itself in less than ten years.

chcr

Too cute for words
Credit where Credits due. Certainly not to carboner credits.

I call them carbon indulgences since they remind me so much of the indulgences rich folk used to be able to buy from Rome in the middle ages. "Sin all you want, just pay off the church." Anti-carbon worship is becoming the new popular religion and Al Gore is it's Abraham.

Winky

Earth: Ours for the taking. Rape it in the ass!

So when my energy costs skyrocket as a result
of this legislation that means I'm Rich?

2minkey

bootlicker
al gore is an egomaniacal blowhard who is incapable of being wrong. if there is anything to this global warming thing, al as spokesperson is NOT helping the cause.

chcr

Too cute for words
Re: Earth: Ours for the taking. Rape it in the ass!

So when my energy costs skyrocket as a result
of this legislation that means I'm Rich?

No, it means Al Gore is richer though and he clearly thinks that should make you happy.

When energy gets expensive enough usage will go down. Voila, problem solved. :beardbng:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Useage, followed by the entire economy, since we have become a power based system.

jimpeel

It is interesting that there is near unanimity here, with a single exception, that Al Gore is not a good person, is lying about AGW, and is in this for nothing more than monetary profit.