Economic woes...

chcr

Too cute for words
Just had my hours cut for the second time in six weeks. I was going to buy a car but that's going to be a bit tough when I just lost a car payment a month in pay. Guess I'm going to try to pick up something part-time or go back to fixing folks computers on the side (I hate doing that). Oh well, at some point the computers will crash and no one else will be able to fix it and I'll get at least some of these hours back.

Son of a bitch! I'm too old to have to deal with this shit. :mope:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Sorry to hear that. We're doing the same where I work (rolling days off). It'll all get better once the messiah takes office. He promised.

chcr

Too cute for words
Sorry to hear that. We're doing the same where I work (rolling days off). It'll all get better once the messiah takes office. He promised.

:yawn:

I personally wonder how much of our current issues at work have to do with the two or three decision makers in the company believing Mr. Bush when he kept saying the economy was strong when it was obvious to anyone with half a brain that it clearly was not. :shrug:

Aunty Em

Well at least when the real Messiah (Jesus) comes, Gonz won't have to worry about paying for the heating... LMAO!

Sorry... couldn't resist...

pc_builder

I guess I'm lucky then. Haven't gotten any hours cut. Only bad thing happend to me is I won't be getting my raise because of a wage freeze at my company.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Sorry to hear that chcr. I hope you get your hours back shortly.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I personally wonder how much of our current issues at work have to do with the two or three decision makers in the company believing Mr. Bush when he kept saying the economy was strong when it was obvious to anyone with half a brain that it clearly was not. :shrug:

Hey now. They all have degrees in something. It means they're smarter. They know what they're doing.

chcr

Too cute for words
Well at least when the real Messiah (Jesus) comes, Gonz won't have to worry about paying for the heating... LMAO!

Sorry... couldn't resist...
Nope, not gonna say it...

Hey now. They all have degrees in something. It means they're smarter. They know what they're doing.
Hate to poke a pin in your self-righteous little balloon but in point of fact none of them have degrees in anything. The folks in the company with degrees have been trying to warn them for several months that this was coming. One of them got fired for his concern (and his lack of tact). :shrug: I don't think the accounting company he went to work for is big enough to need and IT person full time though.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Just had my hours cut for the second time in six weeks. I was going to buy a car but that's going to be a bit tough when I just lost a car payment a month in pay. Guess I'm going to try to pick up something part-time or go back to fixing folks computers on the side (I hate doing that). Oh well, at some point the computers will crash and no one else will be able to fix it and I'll get at least some of these hours back.

Son of a bitch! I'm too old to have to deal with this shit. :mope:

Sorry to hear that, chcr. I'd be happy to trade with you, though, as my hours have actually increased with no real raise in pay to compensate...;)

chcr

Too cute for words
Sorry to hear that, chcr. I'd be happy to trade with you, though, as my hours have actually increased with no real raise in pay to compensate...;)

Which is why I stay hourly. I've been offered to have my position made salaried more than once but when I point out to them that it would actually amount to a cut in pay they drop it. If they offered enough to make it worthwhile to work fifty to sixty hours a week, I'd probably do it.

MrBishop

Sorry about the bad news chik - hope you get some nice filler hours somewhere.

My hours are fine, but my raise went buh-bye along with everyone else's. Ditto the Xmas party.

catocom

just saw this...

Sad to hear chic.

Do ya have any (more) land you can garden?

That's what I'm encouraging some to do.

catocom

I'm cutting more overhead here.
I just replaced another 800 watts in lights down to around 100 in new curlies.

H2O boy

my hours sort of got cut too. they were cut back to where they once were after about six months of overtime, mandatory. then when i get used to the schedule and the extra cash, poof

fortunately (i guess) the extra was going toward bills and debt, no new major purchases yet, so at least i dont have a higher car payment to worry about making now or something else to pay toward. it might delay some things we wanted to do but it hasnt taken bread off the table. we just kindof sigh and say it was nice while it lasted it got us nearly out of debt except the house and one car payment, only one small debt besides those two left now, so that means more staying at home instead of going to someone elses pocketbook the upgrades to the house and the possiblity of a newer car will just have to be put on hold for now

kuulani

My brother works as a sous chef in a resort here and they have to take a mandatory LWOP day every pay period. They all agreed to that instead of someone being laid off.