Electronic Music

HeXp£Øi±

I love good Electronic Music!
Does anyone like the Chemical Brothers The Prodigy or Astral projection? Got any other music in this part of the spectrum you'd care to share.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
i like prodigy and chemical brothers, i don't know the others.....

for electronic.....get some songs from:
ATB
Paul Van Dyk, "Rapture" is a must.
Safri Duo, get "Played-a-live (the bongo song)"
Gigi D'Agostino, "La passion"

ris

got the first 3 chem bros cd's here, and a bit of prodg

i recommend much underworld [especially second toughest in the infants], orbital, orb, crystal method, aphex twin, polygon window, badmarsh and shri, talvin singh, leftfield, lemonjelly, lunatic calm, death in vegas [contino sessions].

some is more electronic and dancey than others, i also like a bit of gabber, but its pretty hardcore

HeXp£Øi±

*Astral Projection is a totally far out there electronica/dance band from Israel.

*Highly recommended listening

HeXp£Øi±

Oh yeah. JunkieXL is awesome to. I originally heard them from an album i bought that was entitled Prodigy Castbreeder. It was actually a fake Prodigy album. Turns out some russians recorded JunkieXL at a swedish concert, burned it to a cd, labeled it as a live prodigy album and sold a million copies.

Scanty

I recommend what ris said, very much.

The Avalanches are fucking excellent, but wait a minute...has no one mentioned DAFT PUNK?

Shit, if you're into electronic music, they're the dog's bollocks. Have you got their album, 'Discovery'?

ris

scanty, i don't know if you heard it, i have an mp3 of it, the bbc had a 35min avalanches breezeblock. most of the stuff is okk the album but mixed with loads more 80s samples - holiday again, the smiths, cyndi lauper, absolutely outstanding :D

HeXp£Øi±

Mas! Mas!
I wouldn't mind hearing some of your favorite songs from those bands as well. There's just so much to choose from.
I really like that Played-a-live original club version.

ris

sadly much of mine is 'armchair dance' D

the oakenfold stuff is pretty good

crystal method's 'bloodbath' from the film blade and the theme to replacement killers are excellent

aphex twin's 'come to daddy', 'windowlicker', hot buttered popcorn'

lunatic calm's 'metropol' and 'choke'

lemonjelly 'in the bath', 'staunton lick', 'a tune for jack'

orbital's 'the box' pts1 and 2 and 'meltdown'

underworld 'rez/cowgirl' live [awesome]

that's all i can think of right now )

HeXp£Øi±

Cowgirl is just about the most incredible song ever made. I used to just get lost in that song. I can't imagine a better version but i'll look.
Come to daddy(video is especially killer)

I'm gonna go look for some lunatic calm &amp; lemonjelly now.

ris

get the aphex twin vid for window licker, if you have the bandwidth - it is over 100mb :D

HeXp£Øi±

Don't have the bandwidth but i got the time.

putt... putt... putt... 2kb..4kb..3kb..putt.. putt.. putt...i think i can i think i can i think i can.... :buck:

Luis G

Staff member
ATB - 9pm (till i come)........is about 2 years old, but is a good one and i don't know why it is named with "till" instead of "til" :confuse3:

DJ Quicksilver - Bellissima........is an oldie and is also a must.

Marc et Claude - Loving you, that song is a cover, but they made a nice job.

Not so in the electronic field, it is more like New age, there's this guy that plays that scotish instrument, the one with lots of pipes :confuse3:, you might enjoy this one:
Hevia - Busindre Reel

Luis G

Staff member
ohhhhh, since ris is making mention of Underworld, the only song i've heard of them is "born slippy"

will post more whenever winamp plays another song of such category :D

ris

get the aphex twin 'pink flloyd mix' of born slippy - it is fantastic, some wicked bass-dropouts

HeXp£Øi±

I have another version of born slippy where in the second half of the song they just go crazy with the drum machines. It's unlabeled though. But i do love that consistant running flat bass from the original.

ris

this version has a constant rumble of the bass-line and melody but is cut with a bizarre cloth of tunnel-loop sounds and pink-floyd samples

HeXp£Øi±

I did a remix of cowgirl a couple of years ago well, not so much a remix as running the loops through variuos filters and such. It was on the heavy side and my best friend said he liked it better than the original but i felt like i was desecrating sacred ground so i deleted it. I also made another one that i called the resident evil mix, what i did was took a bunch of the jillpain.wav files off of the original Resident Evil game cd and incorperated them into the song. It was a distirbingly orgasmic mix.

equinoxe3d

Kewl, nice to see some people listening to electronic music here :headbang:

Here's some of my faves:

Juno Reactor: all of their stuff. One of my big favorites :headbang:

Underworld: Push Upstairs, Moaner, King of Snake
(never got a hold of Born Slippy though :()

Prodigy: Firestarter, Breathe

Future Sound Of London: We Have Explosive, Papua New Guinea (a must have IMO)

Leftfield: Double Flash, 6/8 War, Swords (revisited Mix), Open Up (with the sex Pistols singer), Afro Ride, and many others :headbang:

Junkie XL: Fight

The Orb: Little Fluffy Clouds