Electronic Music

ris

i forgot leftfield - some of their stuff is great :hairbang:

and underworld's moaner is pretty good 'roaming in the city, cross-ways boy'. when trainspotting was released here you couldn't bloody move for born slippy. thankfully its still a brilliant track.

Psycho

Prodigy - Breathe simply rules :headbang:

...but Prodigy is an exception to the rule, I don't like the rest at all, I'm more into hardrock/metal/alternative (whatever you want to name it) :headbang:

Scanty

I've just been playing Baby's Got A Temper - Prodigy. The track is ok, but it's that loop in the background I really like. Wicked.

HeXp£Øi±

JunkieXLs Fight live off the castbreeder album :headbang: (outstanding)
But isn't that the way it always is with electronic music? Always getting caught in a Killer loop or something.

greenfreak

Thanks Hex, I just started getting into this music and so far don't have much but wanted to search for more stuff... Here's what I have so far

Chemical Brothers
Crystal Method
Daft Punk
Prodigy

Luis, I love the bongo song too. I like the songs that are upbeat and danceable... I also don't like it when loops go on and on and on... I guess I'm picky. :)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
yeah, is a very good song, i love it. Kind of old now, but still good.

equinoxe3d

greenfreak, you might want to try Juno Reactor too (which I plugged in my earlier post :D). It's a kind of fusion between world music (mostly african congos and some middle-eastern influence) and goa-ish techno with very good melodies IMO. Here are a few songs you might want to d/l to give you an idea:

From the Bible Of Dreams album

-God Is God
-Conga Fury
-Swamp Thing
-Jardin De Cecile

It strays really away from the big beat style like Prodigy, Crystal Method or the Chem.Bros, but it might be worth a listen. BTW it's normal to be picky, there's so many electronic music types outta here, you just need to "find your sound" :)

And HeX, do you have a song in particular from Astral Projection that you like?, because I'm very interested to hear them but I'm only on 56k for now :(

HeXp£Øi±

You can try Nilaya. But you know what? They are so good that if you download any two songs, one of them is bound to be killer.

equinoxe3d

Thanks, it is cool if every one of two songs is killer, I've often felt on some bad songs while searching that were not representative at all...

HeXp£Øi±

Totally understandable. This stuff is so experimental that...well it's like watching SaturdayNightLive. When it's bad, it's really really bad, but when it's good, there's nothing like it.

equinoxe3d

Pretty good :headbang: Definately a keeper

I just found it a tad long, but then many electronic songs goes up to 10-11min (like Underworld's "Cups"). It's pretty danceable so it should pass way faster on a dancefloor than on a living room...

It's always nice to hear some good Psytrance/Goa, not just the happy trancey "generic" stuff... I mostly stopped listening to Trance because of that. I'm still in a pseudo-Goa phase now though (especially because of Juno Reactor).

HeXp£Øi±

My only problem with Astral Projection is that they are so lite(not heavy). I've been searching in vain for years for heavy electronic but it doesn't exist. Fear factory touched on it years ago with thier EP Fear is the MindKiller but i haven't seen anything like it since.

equinoxe3d

HeXp£Øi± said:
My only problem with Astral Projection is that they are so lite(not heavy). I've been searching in vain for years for heavy electronic but it doesn't exist. Fear factory touched on it years ago with thier EP Fear is the MindKiller but i haven't seen anything like it since.

Same here, I tried in vain to find very hard hitting, syncopated sounds for a few years, and while I found some nice songs, I never found the level of hardness/style I wanted. Hard trance was completely away from what I wanted, and some gabber stuff is pretty "hard", but it wasn't it...

I only have two songs from Fear Factory, "Replica" and "21st Century Jesus". 21st Century Jesus seems not to be in their usual style, but is pretty good.

greenfreak

Thanks equinox!

I really like drums and bongos and stuff like that, if you like that too (Luis--?) you should get a song called "Drum Trip" by Rusted Root. I'm a big fan of Rusted Root and it's not techno but they use some unconventional instruments which makes for a really interesting sound.

HeXp£Øi±

I love rusted root! Extacy was the first song i ever heard from them and as you can imagine, i was blown away!