email quandry

unclehobart

Win2kPro/Outlook Express has somehow decided to not allow me to view what it considers to be unsafe attachments. How do I reenable it? Theres a contract quote I need to look at and the system is being pissy.

AVG antivirus with email scanning enabled... but didn't see anything that talks about kybashing unsafe attachments.

Zonealarm firewall.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
you went to Windows Update, didn't you? :D

untick the unsafe attachents option like mime.

Attachments

• email.JPG
    email.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 7

Professur

Unc, what is a supposedly intelligent person doing using that perforated piece of shit? Are you insane?

unclehobart

I'm a gambler at heart. I like running through the electronic jungle with a 'kick me' sign on my back.

Are thou referring to the AVG or the Windows garbage... or both?

Ok... all fixed... now what the hell do I open an .xls file with?

MrBishop

unclehobart said:
I'm a gambler at heart. I like running through the electronic jungle with a 'kick me' sign on my back.

Are thou referring to the AVG or the Windows garbage... or both?

Ok... all fixed... now what the hell do I open an .xls file with?
Excel

unclehobart

Swell. I don't have Excel. Is there a free Excel out there... or a convert tool?... or some 3rd party device that can decipher Excel?

MrBishop

If you have other MS programs, some of them can also handle opening Excel files... there's openoffice like Prof said.. depends, what dbase or worksheet programs DO you have?

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
Swell. I don't have Excel. Is there a free Excel out there... or a convert tool?... or some 3rd party device that can decipher Excel?

As Prof says, get OpenOffice. Does everything M$ Office does plus supports older M$ Office formats that even M$ has stopped supporting. You can open any MS Office file and save your files as MS Office files (for e-mailing and the like). It's excellent. :D

abooja

Yahoo! Mail will also let you view an Excel file without actually having Excel, if you happen to have an account to which you can forward that email.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
you forget the link, i forget to tell him which program I'm talking about.
lol nice support we are here :eyemouth:

chcr

Too cute for words
Leslie said:
you forget the link, i forget to tell him which program I'm talking about.
lol nice support we are here :eyemouth:
We're the very best kind, free. :D

tonksy

he had his dad print it out...needed to drop by over there anyway. he'll take a look at openoffice for the future. :)

unclehobart

Groovy.. all downloaded. I have now been thrust into the cutting edge of 1997. :lol:

Of course there will have to be a few mods to the quote sent me. He will have to resend it. Then I will have to go over to dads to fax it back with a legal sig anyway.

Thanks to all! :nerd:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
if you still have a dial up modem in there you should be able to scan and fax ;)