Extend the recent posts

HeXp£Øi±

Recent posts dissapear too quickly. Why not extend the recent link to include all active threads within atleast the last 8-12 hours. By recent i mean the View new posts link.
Please if anyone agrees speak up. Remember, your silence is why you now have bush for president. No excuses.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
new posts should show threads you haven't read, i dont' think there's a way to extend the period of time, unless you "unread" threads :confuse3:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
No, but I have signed on just before leaving work, and didn't have time to actually read them all, and when I get home, they are all marked as "read". Just an annoyance, IMO, because I don't think I'd like the time thing.

Luis G

Staff member
that period of time is relative, and it is considered since your last visit (session).

i was on vacations for about 2-3 weeks, and it showed all the threads made in that period of time.

Luis G

Staff member
bummer.........i was talking about the new posts indicators in each thread.

just browsed with the new posts, it showed all threads in which last poast was made today or yesterday.

HeXp£Øi±

Then something screwy is going on here. I'm using Mozilla and there is nothing wrong with my cookies. Yet every time i come back here the new posts link only shows everything within the past couple of hours so i've had to seek out respones. Hmmm

Luis G

Staff member
using netscape 6.2.3, never had a problem with cookies.

although, i never log out of the site, since i'm the only one that uses this browser.

ris

i find that if i pop back then i see all threads as unread. like putertutor, it can be annoying to find that the visit resets the threads, even if i've not actually read them. but that should a lesson to me - read all threads!!

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
HeXp£Øi±
Im looking into it but i havent found a hack/mod on it yet. not sure if its something that can be changed. ?(

fury

Administrator
Staff member
The way that the sessions system works kind of makes it near impossible to set your cookie to never automatically time out, except with a complete rewrite of the whole thing. That's probably why no hacks have been made to do that, because it requires you to have almost professional PHP scripting experience. :eek:

HeXp£Øi±

I enjoy this website therefor i'd like to see it become as efficiant as possible. The algorithm the new topics link uses is totally inefficient. Example. I came here this morning and clicked on new topics, after clicking on a few of the new threads/posts and clicking on new topics again some of the new ones began to dissapear. I started a thread last night entitled 'The messanger'. There were twelve responses to it that i had not yet seen yet it dissapeared off my screen. I hate to bring up other websites but i think JJR512 has got it just right. It shows every thread last responded to in perfect order. Hopefully you can find someone who can help resolve this issue.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I finally got around to working on the recent posts section. I've set the expiry time to 0 (never expire, I think...), so let me know if it works.