Extra small condoms for 12 year-old boys go on sale in Switzerland

ResearchMonkey

You can be honest & open 'til the cows come up. Probably won't help when they're teens (see your previous answer). My BF's 'rents were hippies who periodically had naked hippie drug parties. They were open about this shit too. Still didn't stop the BF & I from sneaking around & not telling them.
My first thought would be that his parents having free-love-hippy parties contributed your BF actions of banging you in the back seat.

just a thought

valkyrie

Wanna bet there are more pregnant 13 year old today than when 13 was marrying age?

Sorry, bish, sex ed has only accelerated STD's & teen pregnancy.
That isn't true. In areas where sex ed is not taught there is a higher rate of teen pregnancies.

MrBishop

You can be honest & open 'til the cows come up. Probably won't help when they're teens (see your previous answer). My BF's 'rents were hippies who periodically had naked hippie drug parties. They were open about this shit too. Still didn't stop the BF & I from sneaking around & not telling them.
Did you get pregnant during this romping?
Did you get an STD during this romping?

If you answered "No" to both of these, then what your folx (and his) told you about sex etc sunk in enough to make a difference.

MrBishop

Wanna bet there are more pregnant 13 year old today than when 13 was marrying age?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/health/2004293974_sexed20m.html

Study results: 2002

Sixty-seven percent of the adolescents had taken comprehensive sex-education classes; 24 percent had received abstinence-only education, which emphasizes the safest sex is no sex and which discourages premarital sex. The remaining 9 percent received no sex education.

When differences in race, age, gender and family makeup were taken into account, students who'd had comprehensive sex education were 60 percent less likely to report a pregnancy than those without any sex education and 50 percent less likely than the abstinence-only group.

2minkey

bootlicker

no.

um perhaps there are other factors in operation that have gotten where we are today?

in the 1920's they blamed the automobile. In Muncie, Indiana they called 'em "pregnancy wagons."

yeah, cars and sex ed. that why the children are stupid fornicators.

:retard:

ResearchMonkey

I just can't think of any other negative social factors that might affect the way people think about the human body.

att6q.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong with self-mutilation as form of self-expression.

valkyrie

Sixty-seven percent of the adolescents had taken comprehensive sex-education classes; 24 percent had received abstinence-only education, which emphasizes the safest sex is no sex and which discourages premarital sex. The remaining 9 percent received no sex education.

When differences in race, age, gender and family makeup were taken into account, students who'd had comprehensive sex education were 60 percent less likely to report a pregnancy than those without any sex education and 50 percent less likely than the abstinence-only group.
Thanks for posting this, Bish. I was going to go look it up today because I didn't have time when I posted yesterday. :)

BeardofPants

Did you get pregnant during this romping?
Did you get an STD during this romping?

If you answered "No" to both of these, then what your folx (and his) told you about sex etc sunk in enough to make a difference.

Yes to the first, no to the second. My parents didn't do shit for the sex ed. I got my period long before any "talk". First time I got my period, I thought I was dying.

Gotholic

"Our research has shown that no single school-based CSE program has produced evidence of a reduction in teen pregnancy or STD rates. None has produced a sustained increase in consistent condom use by teens - a behavior that's necessary to achieve even the partial risk reduction afforded by their use. And none has shown compelling success at promoting both abstinence and increased condom use within the same program - the very advantage claimed by CSE proponents.

These findings were confirmed in a recent Centers for Disease Control meta-analysis that showed that among school-based programs, no significant effect was found for pregnancy reduction, STD prevention or increased condom use. But this is not what most people believe. Most believe that CSE programs are effective."

Comprehensive Sex Ed Doesn’t Work

MrBishop

Yes to the first, no to the second. My parents didn't do shit for the sex ed. I got my period long before any "talk". First time I got my period, I thought I was dying.

I don't see why you have an issue with, then?
IF they had talked with you about sex earlier..you feel that it wouldn't have made any difference?

BeardofPants

Nope, per above. Open-honesty policy only gets you so far with a teen. Still better'n abstinence-only education, but honestly? Teens aren't wired brain-wise to be anything other than stupid idiots.

Gotholic

Cute study, Goth...unfortunatly, you may want to check references for the people who wrote it. The Diector and Founder of the IRE.*

*A group specifically pushing for Abstinence-only education

Biased? I think....

The Institute

The Institute for Research and Evaluation (IRE) is a nonprofit research organization that has gained national recognition for its work evaluating sex education programs, particularly abstinence education interventions. IRE has conducted program evaluations for Title V, CBAE, and Title XX projects in 30 states and three foreign countries, collected data from more than 500,000 teens, and produced over one hundred studies of abstinence education during its 20-year history. IRE staff members have published several journal articles and frequently speak at professional conferences and workshops. Dr. Stan Weed, Founder and Senior Fellow at IRE, has served as a national consultant for Federal Title XX and CBAE projects, and was a charter member of the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy. He has been invited to provide expert testimony to state legislative bodies, the U.S. Senate, the U.S. House of Representatives (April, 2008), and the White House (June, 2009). IRE is directed by Paul Birch, who has been with the Institute for eight years.

Stan E. Weed, PhD—Founder and Senior Fellow

Dr. Weed completed his PhD in 1978 at the University of Washington in the field of Social Psychology. He has taught graduate and undergraduate courses in his field. His primary professional and research interest has been the social problems and preventive programs related to adolescents: teen pregnancy, drug abuse, and delinquency. His research has been published in scholarly professional journals and presented at meetings of the American Psychological Association, Academy of Management Association, Society for the Scientific Study of Religion, American Evaluation Association, National Conference on Family Relations, and World Conference of Sociologists. He has served as a consultant to the U.S. Senate Committee on Labor and Human Resources, and as a consultant to the Office of Adolescent Pregnancy Programs in the Department of Health and Human Services. His work assessing the impact of current social policy on teen pregnancy has been cited on NBC TV and in The Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, Readers Digest, and scores of newspapers around the country. It has also been presented in Washington D.C. at The White House, the U.S. Senate Committee on Labor and Human Resources, the U.S. House Committee on Health and Transportation, the U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, to legislative bodies in several states, and at Moscow University in Russia. He founded IRE in 1988.

Source

MrBishop

Nope, per above. Open-honesty policy only gets you so far with a teen. Still better'n abstinence-only education, but honestly? Teens aren't wired brain-wise to be anything other than stupid idiots.

Teen's too late. You have to start earlier so you get retention when the kid becomes a teen and you suddenly become an embarrassment and a stupid one at that.

"When I was young, I thought that my parents knew everything. When I was a teen, I thought that they were the stupidest people on Earth. Now that I'm in my twenties, I'm surprised at how much they've learned in such a short period of time."