F1, CART, NASCAR, IRL, WRC??

Jeslek

Banned
Coffee Bean said:
Do you watch motorsports? :retard6:
Um, you forgot Daytona!! And Indy 500!!! I like Indy 500, but sitting in the stadium with another million peeps is just annoying. Can't even hear the cars.

Now the Daytona festival in Bristol, TN, is just great! Twice a year, and its aimed at families. I really recommend anyone to go there :D Its by far my favorite.

F1 is just boring. Just a computer that does everything. No real skill anymore. And for the first time ever, F1 attendence was DOWN.... ah well.... I'm not a fan of F1.

Nascar is OK I guess, but I'm not a big fan of it either.

Dave

CASCAR?

WRC, motorcycle GP's, anything involving "street cars" on road courses.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I don't pay attention to any of it. Something about 4 fast left turns that doesn't do anything for me. I will say that the ocassions I do watch, Grand Prix is the one. An actual road course to keep the drivers busy.

Jeslek

Banned
Gonz said:
I don't pay attention to any of it. Something about 4 fast left turns that doesn't do anything for me. I will say that the ocassions I do watch, Grand Prix is the one. An actual road course to keep the drivers busy.
To keep the computer busy.... :)

Psycho

LastLegionary said:
To keep the computer busy.... :)

Ok, if it's all about computers, you try to control a car like that and get those kind of times :p

Although there are a lot of computers involved it still comes down to the skills of the driver, and a lot more than driving around in circles at high speeds, which is more about machine power.

As you might have guessed, F1 is the only sport for me. Don't watch it every time, but it's cool and I always keep an eye on the results. Most of the time I watch F1 is when I hook up the Logitech Momo force-feedback wheel and play Grand Prix 4 :headbang:

HeXp£Øi±

I like to watch Formula1 and turn the volume up really loud. Same with Supercross. There's nothing like the sound of a good two-stroke or F1 car..

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Watched F1 a lot, but the competition during this season was kinda boring...Ferrari kicked serious ass.
Hope next season will be better :)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
It's NASCAR, and Monster Trucks, and Funny Cars (whatever club that one is) and the little ones offroading with a navigator, and if it moves with a motor, it's on on Sunday :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Rally cars, that's the navigator one :headbang:
also some new one with hovercraft in a swamp...

Scanty

F1 is only boring at the moment because no one can beat Michael Schumacher. But if this handicap thing happens - well...woo, because he'll be crap and then Coultard can whip his ass. :D

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Scanty said:
F1 is only boring at the moment because no one can beat Michael Schumacher. But if this handicap thing happens - well...woo, because he'll be crap and then Coultard can whip his ass. :D

Yeah, but if this handicap thing would happen Ferrari will get out of the F1. And they should. It's not fair, and Eccelstone is a jerk for bringing up idiotic ideas like that.

Scanty

Yeah, it is kinda funny though. Making someone's car really really heavy...lol...trying' to drag his heavy arrogant ass round the track...muahahahaha.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
It's not funny at all...it's killing the sport. Everybody has to be treaten equally. Ferrari simply has the best technology, combined with some of the best drivers.
Don't see why Ecclestone is trying to take that away from them.
Yes, the sport is less interesting at the moment, but the measurements he wants to take are insane.

And face it, M. Schumacher IS just the best at the moment, so he has the right to be arrogant :D

Scanty

okay, maybe I'm being too English. :D I'm just jesting around, I'm not even a real fan of F1 and I couldn't actually care less which makes it as funny as hell. I know Schumacher is the best - why else would he keep winning? I thought the handicap idea was just as stupid when I heard it, but I'm not that interested - they would never put the proposition into practice anyway.

unclehobart

I've tried to watch racing several times in the past. I just wander off in sheer boredom after a few minutes. The only thing that ever held my attention was the 3-4 second top fuel funny cars and dragsters. Spectacular crashes.