F1, CART, NASCAR, IRL, WRC??

Scanty

Like Wilko, like rugby.
Like Michael Ballack, like football.
Like Jensen, like F1.

:D I'm a genuine sports fan, oh yes.

unclehobart

We get more sumo airtime than rugby ... and only on the lesser sports channel at that. Its all american football, hockey, baseball, basketball over here. Everything else is considered to be a bastard stepchild.

Scanty

:laugh:

I don't mind basketball, I saw a game in Wembley Arena once (famous arena) - but I don't really get the other american sports.

Scanty

oh I see... :retard: ...you learn something new every day. Here we got, like...grass hockey, astro-turf hockey, ice hockey...hockey...er...polo... Okay I don't know what I'm talking about. :D

Jeslek

Banned
unclehobart said:
LL... what was the sport of choice in RSA?
:eek: Gee, you know the official name! Very impressive. The official sport, and sport of choice, is rugby. Yes I've played it for two years. It was fun I guess, but I'm not too strong really. Once I started moving around the world and got to know other sports, I took an interest in hockey.

Rugby in South Africa is about the same as in New Zealand and Australia. In elementry school, its played barefoot. When you go to high school (grade 8 to 12), you can wear shoes if you want, or if the team requires it. A lot of friendly games we played were wearing normal clothes, and the only way to quickly distinguish someone from your team was footwear. So one team wore shoes, the other goes barefoot. :) That was a looong time ago.

ris

i used to watch f1 but since the ferrari-fixing-the-race thing earlier in the season i stopped. its not just shumacher's domination that's boring, the race is just a parade and has been for a while.

i don't agree with the weight handicap because f1 moves real quick and teams have dominated in the past [william and mclaren have in the last decade]. i think that removing the driver aids would be good - see more of the skills and less of the computers. might encourage a bit of overtaking too

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Ahhhh...How did I miss this for this long. I was raised on oval track racing. Every night ,Thursday thru Sunday at a different track. Then work on the car for days to get ready to do it again. Started when I was 7 or eight. was designing and building short track stockcars in the 70s and 80s. I loved it all from F1 (Jim Clark WAS the man)to Indy (have to give that one to AJ) to Nascar (Cale Yarborough and AJ) all the way down to the locals. As a kid I spent every Friday night in the summer sitting on Wally Dallenbach's (Sr.) car and talking to him at Vineland Speedway in New Jersey. Those were the days......

Attachment(s):

dallenbach.jpg, 101.99kb

247_1034931927.jpg

archer2up.jpg, 161.49kb

247_1034932316.jpg