Falcons vs. Colts?

chcr

Too cute for words
We needed a new playoff thread without the Jets in it. :crying4:

So, Falcons and Colts in the Super Bowl then??

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Steelers or Colts in the AFC, my pick is Steelers (unless they play like they dd yesterday)

Are you ready for a PA Super Bowl?

unclehobart

Vick took a few hard shots. He may not be at 100%. The Steelers have that awesome Samoan linebacker with the Rick James glossy locks that is about as fast as they come... and with excellent Spidy sense. Its going to be hard to move against the Steelers... but on the other hand. Its not like the Steelers offense was doing much either. Rothleshamburger was almost in the hospital by the end of the game. I wonder if he will be in any shape to fight at all.

From what I see, the Falcons are in the groove and the Steelers are a wee bit middle of the road to a few ebbs of doubtful. It still all comes down to Vick. If Vick is in the groove... unstoppable.

Stop Laughing

As long as I win as much money as last year (thank you Vinateri!), the Super Bowl winner doesn't mater too much to me.

Doug Brien's gonna need therapy now, and that's just to survive the media there.

The Steelers defense is just awesome. If you score twice on them, you must have an outstanding offense. Roethlisburger will probably bounce back, the Jets played a tremendous game (3 straight OT games and they were still standing, geez) and got into his head enough to give them a chance to win.

Vick is Superman, that's about all that needs to be said about that game.

Manning should have a field day against a weak Pats secondary today. Their defense can stuff you up front, but their glaring weakness back there will be shredded apart. Pats should be able to keep up offensively with their balanced offensive attack though, that'll be a helluva game, not much defense though.

Vikings have no running game, if the Eagles are smart they'll double Moss and blitz like mad (like usual) and the Vikings will have problems. The Vikings haven't had a defense to really speak of in a long time, and even without TO the Eagles have too many weapons to stop. I smell a blowout again.

Thulsa Doom

Come on folks. Its Indy and Philly all the way. Donovan is too confident and strong and they will never take another loss in the NFC Championship game. Not after the last three. They will be super pumped for that game. Sorry Falcons. And the Peyton Machine is just simply unstopable. No matter how good Pittsburgh is.

Dave

should be an entertaining game if nothing else.

almost time for the pre-game show.

unclehobart

Thulsa Doom said:
Come on folks. Its Indy and Philly all the way. Donovan is too confident and strong and they will never take another loss in the NFC Championship game. Not after the last three. They will be super pumped for that game. Sorry Falcons. And the Peyton Machine is just simply unstopable. No matter how good Pittsburgh is.
I agree that thats where the wind and math lie. If I were a betting man, it too would be my money-maker... but I still have to make a spartan stand for the home team.

abooja

Stop Laughing said:
Doug Brien's gonna need therapy now, and that's just to survive the media there.
You've got that right. :p

33-0116bigfront.jpg
84-0116bigback.jpg

front011605.gif
back011605.gif

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If anybody could comeback, it's this Colts team. Just not tonight, The 1 yard QB sneak sealed the game. Now the Colts know the importance of home field advantage.

Stop Laughing

Manning's cursed! He has one of the best seasons of all time, but he still can't beat the Pats!

The 4 best defenses in the NFL remain, and all have several offensive weapons, look for very exciting games in both championship games and the Super Bowl, it's gonna be great. It's anybody's ballgame now, any of these 4 teams could do it.

A 39 page pullout on the Jets kicker? Yikes! :eek:

Thulsa Doom

unclehobart said:
What say thee now, Thulsa portent of Doom? Indy be endy.

How frustrating. I was stuck at a concert and had to get periodic updates by text message to my cell phone... Me and the other 50 guys pacing around in the hall grumbling at their cell phones.

What was with the snow! No one said anything about snow! New England has the gods on their sides quite clearly... I wonder what they had to sacrifice to keep Manning in check. And anyway why are you southerners gleeful about a New England team winning...

PostCode

Major contributor!
Can we just get to the Super Bowl so I can watch the commercials? Sheesh.

I hate football, but the Super Bowl commercials usually make up for the game.

unclehobart

Thulsa Doom said:
How frustrating. I was stuck at a concert and had to get periodic updates by text message to my cell phone... Me and the other 50 guys pacing around in the hall grumbling at their cell phones.

What was with the snow! No one said anything about snow! New England has the gods on their sides quite clearly... I wonder what they had to sacrifice to keep Manning in check. And anyway why are you southerners gleeful about a New England team winning...
Hell... I consider North Carolina to be New England. Its not a 'team' thing anyway. Its just that this particular household has a decided anti-Peyton stance.

tonksy

unclehobart said:
Hell... I consider North Carolina to be New England. Its not a 'team' thing anyway. Its just that this particular household has a decided anti-Peyton stance.
smilies-22559.png

abooja

Stop Laughing said:
A 39 page pullout on the Jets kicker? Yikes! :eek:
I believe that encompassed all the post-season football coverage, but it probably seemed like it to Brien. Only in a NY tabloid do sports stories make both front and back page news. :lloyd:

rrfield

As a Vikings fan, I have to say "told ya so" about Doug Brien. In 2002 he was the Vikings kicker at the start of the season. In an overtime loss to the Bills in week 2, Brien missed a chip-shot field goal, disobeyed the coaches orders on a kick off and missed not one, but TWO extra points. He got cut the next day.

Thulsa Doom

unclehobart said:

why? seems like a swell enough guy to me. i can think of a lot bigger assholes in the NFL.