Falcons vs. Colts?

tonksy

Thulsa Doom said:
why? seems like a swell enough guy to me. i can think of a lot bigger assholes in the NFL.
because he is not a saint like his daddy.
and he always beats my teams, always. he is the enemy.

Inkara1

Oh, and he's folded in EVERY big game he's ever been involved in. Ever notice that the University of Tennessee won the national championship the year after Peyton left, with what was otherwise mostly the same team?

At least he's not Eli. Eli Manning is the Ashlee Simpson of football.

Thulsa Doom

tonksy said:
because he is not a saint like his daddy.
and he always beats my teams, always. he is the enemy.

ah i see. the nemesis syndrome. ;) well cant blame him for being good. and really you should WANT him to face your team so you can have true vindication. having another team beat him isnt nearly as redemptive. i actually get mad when my team misses out on playing their arch rival (or someone im bent on revenge against) because they got beat by someone else. And how much control did he really have in not being a Saint? Did he pull an Eli and say no way no how?

EDIT: Does Archie still live in New Orleans by the way?

tonksy

Thulsa Doom said:
ah i see. the nemesis syndrome. ;) well cant blame him for being good. and really you should WANT him to face your team so you can have true vindication. having another team beat him isnt nearly as redemptive. i actually get mad when my team misses out on playing their arch rival (or someone im bent on revenge against) because they got beat by someone else. And how much control did he really have in not being a Saint? Did he pull an Eli and say no way no how?

EDIT: Does Archie still live in New Orleans by the way?
i think he does :)

inky? hush your mouth! i think eli could be just as good, if not better than peyton. he just needs more pro experience.

Stop Laughing

Hey, you're a Texans fan, Peyton's not the only one to beat them, ya know. We lost twice to freakin' Joey Harrington this year, so I can't say anything about Manning beating the crap out of us. I can hold the grudge against Favre, though, and I certainly do. I laughed my ass off when he lost to that pitiful Minnesota defense. :D

After the game, Favre was talking about considering retirement again, but the Minnesota media intercepted the message.

:D

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Having witnesses it from college forward, I have always said that Peyton Manning chokes in big games. He never beat Florida in college, he never won an important game at Tennessee, it took him forever to win any playoff game at all...and he's supposed to be the best QB in the NFL? Gimme a break...he's a choke artist, and this weekend's game proves it.

Vick will beat the Falcons all by himself.

Pats over Eagles, 27-13.

rrfield

SouthernN'Proud said:
Having witnesses it from college forward, I have always said that Peyton Manning chokes in big games. He never beat Florida in college, he never won an important game at Tennessee, it took him forever to win any playoff game at all...and he's supposed to be the best QB in the NFL? Gimme a break...he's a choke artist, and this weekend's game proves it.

I'm not a Colts fan, but I do live in Indiana and see 1 or 2 Colts games a year live. This is dead on. He can't throw in the cold. He can't throw on the run. In fact, it's painful to watch him run. The Colts D is going to be hurting for a while since they keep pouring money into the offense (Manning's got the bling, Harrison's got the bling, Eddgerin may be next). Unless the Colts get homefield advantage, they will keep losing in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Vick will beat the Falcons all by himself.

Do you mean McNabb? Or Westbrook perhaps? I think Atlanta can handle the Eagles. The Eagles startes haven't faced a professional D since TO went down. Last week doesn't count, the Vikings D (except for K-will and Antione Winfield) couldn't stop a JUCO offense.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Pats over Eagles, 27-13.

Pats over the Falcons, probably close to 27-13. I'll say 28-17.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
rrfield said:
Do you mean McNabb? Or Westbrook perhaps? I think Atlanta can handle the Eagles.

No, I meant Vick. He's another Randall Cunningham...tries to be all things on all plays and be the superstar with his vaunted "versatility". He'll have at least three turnovers himself this week, and he'll be the reason the Falcons lose.

Thulsa Doom

He is a superstar. Why shouldnt he play that way on the field? And since when was Randall Cunningham a bad quarterback? Just because a quarterback can run like a runningback doesnt make him a lesser quarterback. Welcome to 2005.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Thulsa Doom said:
He is a superstar. Why shouldnt he play that way on the field? And since when was Randall Cunningham a bad quarterback? Just because a quarterback can run like a runningback doesnt make him a lesser quarterback. Welcome to 2005.

Care to count Super Bowl rings?

The guys who win Super Bowls do not try to comandeer the game, they play their position and allow the other 10 guys to play theirs. Brett Favre. Tom Brady. Steve Young.

Cunningham was a fine QB. His downfall was his penchant to run too often. It led to injuries he should never have suffered. Vick will repeat this pattern.

And before anyone starts in drawing lines that are not there...I'd take Donovan McNabb over any QB in the NFL today...2005. Smart enough to play his position, athletic enough to play it well, and strong enough off the field to lead his teammates effectively.

2005 indeed. Saw right through that one, better luck next time. *poke*

Thulsa Doom

Well dont forget McNabb had the same rap when he first entered the league. That he ran too much and was an ineffective passer and bad leader and just didnt have a "head" for the game. But his game matured and now hes one of the best passers in the league and still dangerous to blitz against because he can run when needed. Lets see where Vick stands in five years. Welcome to 2010. ;)