Favorite board game?

JTP

Nickname. Kinda like software updates...geekiness and all that.

Oh- thanks for the clarification. Poor Jenny (Matt's girlfriend)- we have to tranlate arcaeoSpeak for her a lot. We all got our nerdy lingos, I guess.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I like scrabble and monopoly. My favourite card games are continental and widow.

MrBishop

Never really got into Monotony® - though my son owns a JrMonopoly and we've played it a few times. :shrug:

Does Cribbage count as a board game or a card game?

chcr

Too cute for words
Ooh, completely forgot backgammon. Again, it's been a long time but I used to play for spare cash when I was a starving student. Way more fun than checkers and more exciting than chess unless you're playing chess against someone very nearly your equal as a player.

Inkara1

I figured Yahtzee was no less a "board game" than dominoes.

The "house rules" for Monopoly when I was growing up: 1. If you land on a property and no one owns it and you don't want to buy it, then you just don't buy it (it was a surprise the first time I played Monopoly on the Nintendo with the "official rules" and not buying the property started the auction process). 2. $500 is put in the middle of the board from the bank to start, all fines/taxes that would be paid to the bank instead go in that same pot, and landing on Free Parking gets said player everything in the pot. What sucked is when my cousin would land on Free Parking and get a couple thousand bucks, and I would land there immediately afterward and only get $500.