First Legal Drink

FluerVanderloo

Alright, so the countdown to my 21st is 35 days. That means I have 35 days to determine what my first legal drink should be. I thought that OTC people above anyone else would be able to help me out. Here are some guidelines:

-I'll be at a restaurant, not a dedicated bar, so options may be limited, but I'm not sure. I'll have a backup ready.

-I'm a total lightweight. 5'5 and 115lbs light. I cannot handle my alcohol. Nothing too strong, and no shots.

-A lot of girls get something fruity, and it's kind of cliche. I don't really want to taste the alcohol, but it doesn't have to be fruity.

-I want to try to avoid the vodka, but that's not a requirement.

Is there anything that might fit in here? Someone suggested Sex on the Beach, but isn't that a shot?

MrBishop

A cosmopolitan? It's not fruity, but it is 'popular' - thanks in no small part to "Sex in the City"

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Since when are margaritas not frozen drinks?

a REAL marjarita is NOT a frozen drink.

try a lynchburg lemonade.

1 part of Jack Daniels (thus ends it being a girly drink)
1 part triple sec
1 part sour mix (the lemon stuff at bars)
top off the rest of the glass with 7-up or sprite

BlurOfSerenity

my first legal drink was a pina colada, which i reccomend highly. but if you want to be more badass, though, you might try a bloody mary (my faaavorite), though that's a vodka drink.

also, this may sound nutty, but you can get a mixed-drink that's a shot and sip it. i always sip my shots. i get funny looks, but i've actually got some people to do the same, because it's a good idea... if you're not looking to get drunk (i don't drink to get drunk), it helps you pace yourself. it saves money and calories, too!

BlurOfSerenity

a REAL marjarita is NOT a frozen drink.

try a lynchburg lemonade.

1 part of Jack Daniels (thus ends it being a girly drink)
1 part triple sec
1 part sour mix (the lemon stuff at bars)
top off the rest of the glass with 7-up or sprite

a word of caution about lynchburg lemonades.... you can't really taste the alcohol (which, depending on how big your drink is, there can be a lot of), and they are really yummy, and so things can get out of hand FAST.

ClarabellaUK

I can't personally recall what was my first legal drink at 18... but then I can't quite recall what I was drinking at the weekend... :drink2: ;)

Em... fruity?... in a restaurant here it tends to be beer, lager, wine or spirits!

So I'm a tad stumped...

But if there is only wine... cut it with lemonade... its what I do if I'm being a good girl!

Its a spritzer.. but sweet and actually nice... tonic water or soda water is... yucky!:cutup:

tonksy

I've been drinking since I was....much too young to drink but my first legal purchase was beer at the commissary for my then husband as I was pregnant. I do not recall the first then I ordered legally in a restaurant/bar but I am sure it was a beer.
I do not drink a lot of hard liquor unless it's margaritas, mint juleps, or hurricanes.