fixing shrink wrapped packaging

tommyj27

Not really Banned
does anyone know if it's possible to repair the shrink wrap on a package to make it suitable for return? compusa sold me a bunk-ass wireless that doesn't do shit and i don't want to pay their stupid 15% restock fee. what a bunch donkey raping shit eaters... :mad:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Know anybody that works in a publishing house? They've got some great shrinkwrap machines there. Guess you could try the window film stuff. :shrug:

Q

Wouldn't it be easier to go in there screaming like a banshee that they sold you a piece of shit, which you have already replaced with a functional one and you want your money back?? That's what I do.

dan

do you really have to pay 15% because they sold you crap??

banshee sounds like a good tactic to me...

greenfreak

OH! WAIT! What about that stuff that you put as insulation on your windows in the winter and blow dry to seal? Or is that too thick? :confbang:

greenfreak

My mother is the queen at getting what she wants by making a scene.

I had a 21" tv I bought from this place called Tops and two weeks after I got it, the picture was gone. I could hear it, I couldn't see it. So my Mom and I load the tv in the trunk and drive over to Tops. She explains the situation to them and the guy walks out to the car with me to get the tv. When he saw I didn't have the box, he started in with the whole, "Our policy is to only accept returns/exchanges with the box. If you don't have the box, we can't refund the full price blah blah blah" I'm smiling the whole time because I'm thinking, "That's what YOU think."

We get back inside and I tell my Mom what he said and she says, "I know how embarrassed you get when I do this. You might want to wait outside." So I go out and have a cigarette.

I come back in to find my Mother smiling, the guy red in the face and not making eye contact, and the other people staring at my mother. My Mom says, "Not only are they taking back the tv, but they're giving you a 22" for the same price." :D

The older I get, the more I see that sometimes, that is the only way to get what you deserve--to make a scene and freak out on people. Customer Service really blows these days, it doesn't pay to be nice.

Q

Rule #1 Start out calm and reasonable, if this doesn't work out to your satisfaction...COME UNGLUED!!:smash:

Rule #2 Don't waste alot of time on regular sales people...go for a supervisor...keep moving up the food chain till the bonus round. :D

*DISCLAIMER* DO NOT do this with capatalist pig monopolies, such as utility companies. It is hazardous to your health and most likely will result in them demanding a higher deposit.:grumpy:

Q

I know. There are a bunch of good people there....and one humungous asshole.:tardbang:

alex

Well, at least I get to talk to you here and Xi :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I bought a Canon S200 digital camera last weekend and I've been trying to post better pics of my puters but it keeps telling me the images are too big. I finally got it sized down then it told me the resolution was too high :smash2:

alex

It came with:

ArcSoft

Photo Impression 3.0

Video Impression 1.6

Canon

PhotoRecord

PhotStitch

Raw Image converter2

RemoteCapture

ZoomBrowser EX

Q

Wow, that's alot of stuff. My camera came with kinda crappy software, if I want to do anything i just stick it in photoshop.

Hurry up and figure out how to make the pics fit, so I can see them :D