fixing shrink wrapped packaging

alex

I wonder if I hosted the pics on my website and just put a link to them, would it still crap out when you try to view them?

tommyj27

Not really Banned
i think i'll try the banshee mode, problem is i'm softspoken and generally non-confrontational. My Dad is another master at getting what he wants. I think I have a good excuse though, I read on the Internet that this card tends to lock a winxp box when you try connecting to a vlan. The box says it's 802.11b compliant and it supports secure wireless connections. the trick is to play the idiot customer who just read the box while still being knowlegeable enough to explain how a vlan works. Thanks folks.

Professur

How about, exchange is as a defective unit. Then come back the next day with the new, still wrapped unit to exchange?

*then have someone like me comeby and offer to buy all their defective stock at cost and save then the cost of returning it.*

Professur

'bout 10%. Most times the problem is user error, or at worst a loose solder. Besides, it's brand new so it's all still under warranty;)

Q

I agree. I also hate when banks charge a fee to cash a check. I consider it government sanctioned extortion.:mad:

tommyj27

Not really Banned
well, that went surprisingly well, both times, stupid linksys and their changing chipsets. i finally got a wifi card with the chipset i need but $80 for an 802.11b card seems like highway robbery to me. they must really be pushing 802.11g because thay were selling for $70. if only there was linux support :(. But anyway, the folks there were quite good about it, i didn't have to get nasty, which i wasn't looking forward to. I guess I'm just used to dealing with Best Buy and their bullshit.:beerbang:

Mirlyn

tommyj27 said:
well, that went surprisingly well, both times, stupid linksys and their changing chipsets. i finally got a wifi card with the chipset i need but $80 for an 802.11b card seems like highway robbery to me. they must really be pushing 802.11g because thay were selling for $70. if only there was linux support :(. But anyway, the folks there were quite good about it, i didn't have to get nasty, which i wasn't looking forward to. I guess I'm just used to dealing with Best Buy and their bullshit.:beerbang:

Buy off the net, not BBY. Go for Orinoco. Linksys wlan cards suck.

Mirlyn

I'm a tech. I could care less what the numbers are. I'm not a salesman. :) I have no problem telling people to go elsewhere. I consider my job as the one to take care of (not advantage of) people who don't know what they're doing and need upgrades/warranty work. Do it right and treat them right the first time and numbers will never be an issue. ;) Simple business law.

The best wifi cards we sell would be the DLink's. I probably wouldn't buy one though. If I needed one ASAP, its what I would buy.

Orinoco cards have better linux support from what I've seen. Linksys and MSWireless have pretty shitty hardware for cards. Note, I have used, installed, and seen many successful installations of the linksys router/AP product line. Ethernet cards blow. So do their wlan cards. MS hardware is rebadged linksys hardware, FYI.

Professur

Mirlyn, you do know that most techs feel that if you do the job right the first time, you don't get repeat customers.