For the taste retarded

Professur

http://www.sweatnspice.com/proddetail.php?prod=429

Blairs_16million.jpg

Blair's 16 Million Reserve
**Pure Capsaicin**

Never before offered - This Blair's collector's reserve bottle contains 16 million Scoville Units of Pure Capsicum. The tiny 1ml vial inside contains pure capsicum crystals, hottest element known to man. Be among the few to get one of these limited edition bottles. No more the 999 will be produced.
Heat Scale: 10+++
Scoville Units: 16 Million
Size: 1 oz.
Ingredients: Pure Capsicum
Price: $199.95

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

unclehobart

No it wouldn't. Tobasco is 50,000 scoville. Habanero is 300,000. The chemical root elements used in pepper spray are 1,000,000. If that stuff merely touches your skin, you will blister... you will quiver and quake just as if you had peed on an electric fence. That stuff is meant to be used as a few grains for an entire vat of whatever... certainly not straight up. This stuff would be more damaging than ingesting Drano.

I've seen it elsewhere for $150. Might have been a different years batch though with more bottles.

unclehobart

Al-Qaida could dump a bottle of that stuff into a municipal water supply and paralyze everything for days ... except Texas. They wouldn't even notice.

Uki Chick

I heard about this stuff this morning on the radio. People are sick in the head. They were saying something about it being $200 a bottle because they only made 1000 bottles or something like that. I don't remember exactly.

unclehobart

Professur said:
Why in God's name would you people do this to yourselves?
I would put it forth under the lump umbrella that covers all dangerous/painful/ecstatic forms of behavior. Why skydive? Why bunji? Why do hard drugs? To some, it releases a massive rush of endorphines that are pleasureable when certain brain chemistries akin to depression exist. Altering ones state of being becomes a temporary lift out of a rutted cycle of life that it agony to some. Some might even relate it to religious zeal in the same way that Filipino flagellants whip thier backsides into bloody pulps in order to step closer to God. To some it may just be a 'badge of honor' to be able to suck it up and take the pain... like a tattoo.

Some just like collecting the bottles because its quasi rare artwork and sometimes rather funny.

tonksy

unclehobart said:
Al-Qaida could dump a bottle of that stuff into a municipal water supply and paralyze everything for days ... except Texas. They wouldn't even notice.
:laugh: i love texas.

Winky

"Capsicum a lipophilic chemical that can produce a strong burning sensation in the mouth
(and, if not properly digested, anus) of the unaccustomed eater"

So Texans wouldn't get tushy burn?

tonksy

mmm...thai food.
you know what? recently i had a intestinal virus and the doc told me to lay off the milk and the spicy food until it passed. so i was sitting at dinner ordering my sub and found my self thinking "i'll just get the veggie sub with jalapenos. they aren't spicy"....i think i've warped my taste buds.