Forced Volenteering!

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I GET PAID FOR WHAT I DO. I give 100% of a day's work for 100% of a day's pay. There is no hypocrisy.

I guess you don't give a day's work for a day's pay huh? Well, that doesn't make you a hypocrite. It just makes you lazy.

WalMart pays you to group hug your co-workers? Wow.

You guess a lot of things it seems. Most of 'em turn out to be wrong. I manage to stay busy enough that I don't have time to lay hands on my co-workers. I also moonlight, and as yet I haven't found myself with enough time to start grabbing them either. Maybe I need to attend time management classes...or maybe I need a less challenging job. Like self checkout monitoring.

Then again, even though it's been years since I set foot inside a WM, I don't recall seeing anyone there I'd have any particular interest in touching.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef

You guess a lot of things it seems. Most of 'em turn out to be wrong. I manage to stay busy enough that I don't have time to lay hands on my co-workers. I also moonlight, and as yet I haven't found myself with enough time to start grabbing them either. Maybe I need to attend time management classes...or maybe I need a less challenging job. Like self checkout monitoring.

Then again, even though it's been years since I set foot inside a WM, I don't recall seeing anyone there I'd have any particular interest in touching.

hey, if you have a beef with the guy argue with the guy, some nice normal people work at walmart. My mother for one example, manages a department, collects a paycheque, no hugging (I hope)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I have hugged some of my co-workers...but they're also my friends...that's what happens when you work in an office of 6 people and carpool with one of them everyday. We had some drunken good-bye hugs after our Christmas party which was the night before we all left for our respective holiday destinations. I don't think that makes me weird.

That said, when I worked in the bigger office in Toronto I wasn't really friends outside of work with any of them and I also never hugged any of them.

jimpeel

First of all, there are no "group hugs". You conjured that up in your fertile little mind. You are still creeped out by that aren't you? Must be something in your dark past that hugs bring out of that little corner where you keep it hidden.

Maybe you are right. You could use a real job like monitoring the self check outs at the local Winn Dixie. It would build character.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
God bless America. 50 Hours of community service for each of you, just for being assholes...

I really hope they let me be a judge someday.

jimpeel

hey, if you have a beef with the guy argue with the guy, some nice normal people work at walmart. My mother for one example, manages a department, collects a paycheque, no hugging (I hope)

He is creeped out by the thought of entering a Wal-Mart. Something to do with past regressive events.

jimpeel

I have hugged some of my co-workers...but they're also my friends...that's what happens when you work in an office of 6 people and carpool with one of them everyday. We had some drunken good-bye hugs after our Christmas party which was the night before we all left for our respective holiday destinations. I don't think that makes me weird.

That said, when I worked in the bigger office in Toronto I wasn't really friends outside of work with any of them and I also never hugged any of them.

All that means is that you are secure and that you care about other people enough to try to pass on some of your good feelings to them through the simple act of hugging.

Hugs are appreciation;

Hugs are congratulatory;

Hugs are condolence;

Hugs are healing;

Hugs are solace;

Hugs are celebratory;

Hugs engender strength when someone is feeling put upon by others.

Hugs are uplifting when someone is down; and they are even more uplifting when they are not.

Hugs are a way to transfer your good cheer to another person, or theirs to you.

Hugs are positivity to help others gain a renewed outlook on life.

Hugs are calming when a person is under stress.

Hugs are apologetic for past wrongs realized. They are the salve that anoints past transgressions.

Hugs express your welcome when you meet, and your best wishes when you part.

Hugs are a positive way of letting others know that you care about them; that you like them; you wish them well; you are on their side; you share their pain; you share their happiness; you share their grief; that you are there for them.

Hugs make you feel good. They brighten your day. They take away the tribulations of everyday life if only for that moment when you realize that someone cares; and hugs do it so simply.

Hugs are that touch of humanity that we all need every day. They give you renewed confidence that the light at the end of the tunnel is not an onrushing train. No other single act expresses so much, for so little, so symbiotically.

Hugs are the kisses for the boo-boos of the soul.

Of course, SnP believes in none of the above.

greenfreak

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nice to see a serious thread take a silly turn for once.

Hugs rock. Especially when guys get them from girls, no? When else is a woman other than your significant other going to mash their breasts against you?

If I ever meet any of you, I'll grace you with a breast mashing. I give good hug, as I'm sure most of the women here do.