Forced Volenteering!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I did. I asked how eating would save someone a world away. I was told to be quiet. I then volunteered to give the lima beans to anyone who would eat them I think I was sent to my room.

jimpeel

I did. I asked how eating would save someone a world away. I was told to be quiet. I then volunteered to give the lima beans to anyone who would eat them I think I was sent to my room.

You were a rarity. Most of us just shut up and started shoveling so we could get it over with.

Besides, with my folks it would have been useless to try to wax philosophical.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I'll agree to that one one condition...no guns for anybody, anywhere.

except armed forces, and cops, deal.

hunters get rifles, bolt action rifles.

Gonzorama said:
Curious...do you think that because there are people eating well that somee poor have less food or are you being facetious?

I was more talking about people going hungry while specialty foods are being produced that take a lot of labour, the energy should be going to packaging food to be shipped to places where the people are hungry. It was more of an example than a direct idea.

I asked how eating would save someone a world away. I was told to be quiet. I then volunteered to give the lima beans to anyone who would eat them I think I was sent to my room.

I actually put stuff in an envelope, so my mom could ship it to them.

no TV for 2 weeks.

spike

"ROME: In an "unforeseen and unprecedented" shift, the world food supply is dwindling rapidly and food prices are soaring to historic levels, the top food and agriculture official of the United Nations warned Monday.

The changes created "a very serious risk that fewer people will be able to get food," particularly in the developing world, said Jacques Diouf, head of the UN Food and Agriculture Organization.
"

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/12/17/europe/food.php

Nah, wasting food supplies would never have any effect whatsoever.

I was always taught that wasting food was just flat out sinful.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I thought you where my minister!!!

I was. You switched job description on me. Now I lead a contingent of rebels seeking to peacefully leave the aforementioned bastion of corrupt power and form their own government that will operate by the will of the governed. Flag creation committee meeting at 4:00 PM.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I was. You switched job description on me. Now I lead a contingent of rebels seeking to peacefully leave the aforementioned bastion of corrupt power and form their own government that will operate by the will of the governed. Flag creation committee meeting at 4:00 PM.

lol, I am sure you have a flag in mind...

sigh, you will be crushed.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
"ROME: In an "unforeseen and unprecedented" shift, the world food supply is dwindling rapidly and food prices are soaring to historic levels, the top food and agriculture official of the United Nations warned Monday.

The changes created "a very serious risk that fewer people will be able to get food," particularly in the developing world, said Jacques Diouf, head of the UN Food and Agriculture Organization.
"

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/12/17/europe/food.php

Nah, wasting food supplies would never have any effect whatsoever.

I was always taught that wasting food was just flat out sinful.

Problem solved

jimpeel

To those who espouse that only the military and police be allowed to be armed with firearms I say this:

In ‘The Development of the American Police: An Historical Overview’, Craig Uchida notes that "If there is a common theme that can be used to characterize the police in the 19th Century, it is the large-scale corruption that occurred in most police departments across the United States" (Uchida, 1993).

In ‘Forces of Deviance: Understanding the Dark Side of Policing’, Kappeler, Sluder, and Alpert point out that corruption among police is not new or peculiar to the late 20th century. "To study the history of police is to study police deviance, corruption and misconduct." (Kappeler et al., 1994.)

So I ask you this ... :

Should the cops who played a starring role in the Christopher Commission Report be the only armed people in your society?

Should the cops who played a starring role in the Mollen Commission investigation be the only armed people in your society?

Should the cops who played a starring role in the Knapp Commission corruption hearings be the only armed people in your society?

Should the cops who played a starring role in the Rampart Division investigation be the only armed people in your society?

Should the Denver cop who caused the death of Ismael Mena -- by knowingly signing a bogus search warrant -- be the only armed people in your society?

Should the police that kicked in the wrong door -- and caused a 70 year old minister to have a heart attack and die -- be the only armed people in your society?

Should the police that caused the deaths of 25 children at Waco, TX for "their own protection" be the only armed people in your society?

Should the police that shot a mother holding a 10 month old baby -- after the rules of engagement were illegally changed -- be the only armed people in your society?

Should the police that have regularly shaken down black motorists on Hwy. 95 in Florida be the only armed people in your society?

Should the police that went on a drunken rampage in Los Angeles -- firing their weapons at signs, street lights, and a California Highway Patrolman -- be the only armed people in your society?

Should the police that broke into the home of Donald Scott in Malibu, CA -- and shot him to death in a botched seizure raid that netted nothing but the death of Mr. Scott -- be the only armed people in your society?

Should the police that fled from the scene of the Los Angeles riots -- leaving the people to fend for themselves with privately held firearms -- be the only armed people in your society?

Should the FBI agents who testified in the Whitey Bulger trial -- who took gifts and payoffs and allowed murders and other criminal activities to occur and go unpunished -- be the only armed people in your society?

The next question one has to reconcile is: "Then who will protect us from those who protect us?" Frank Serpico found that one out in a hurry.