Friends?

nalani

I haven't watched television in a while ...mainly because I don't have cable where I live, but also because I've been way to busy .. so I'm reading this article online and it's talking about who Rachel on "Friends" should choose - Joey or Ross. Joey or Ross? What the hell did I miss? What's going on?

greenfreak

I don't know about choosing either of them but Rachel is pregnant with Ross' child. They had a one night stand and lo and behold, she's with got a bun in the oven. Tonight is the birth of the baby and the finale.

Joey found that living with Rachel and caring for her in her pregnancy brought them closer together and he fell in love with her. When he finally told her, she told him she didn't feel the same and promptly moved in with Ross.

There's no other storylines that I know of. The show is getting old. We'll see what the ratings are like, they'll probably cancel it next year.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I don't watch the show anymore, but the story looks interesting thou.

alex

I watch the re-runs mostly but I caught a bit of a newer one a few weeks ago and I think Joey got Racheal knocked up.

kuulani

greenie is right. but i haven't watched the new episodes in awhile either. the older ones are better, and even those don't really hold my interest anymore.

my new show is Everybody Loves Raymond :D

MuFu

Originally posted by greenfreak
I don't know about choosing either of them but Rachel is pregnant with Ross' child. They had a one night stand and lo and behold, she's with got a bun in the oven. Tonight is the birth of the baby and the finale.

Joey found that living with Rachel and caring for her in her pregnancy brought them closer together and he fell in love with her. When he finally told her, she told him she didn't feel the same and promptly moved in with Ross.

There's no other storylines that I know of. The show is getting old. We'll see what the ratings are like, they'll probably cancel it next year.

And now Ross and Rachel are getting jiggy again (I got up to series 8 episode 22 so I can ruin it for everybody, getting 823 at the moment, wahoo!). Sets it up nicely for series 9 (apparently the last series) where they all get jiggy with each other. Well, in pairs anyway, not like one massive orgy. That'd be weird... :eek:

Friends has recently been cool. Went through a bit of a lapse round series 5-7 but now the writing is back up to its old (excellent) standard. The ratings show just that... topped Frasier and ER a while ago for the first time ever. :)

Smallville's my thing now though. :D

:hairbang:

MuFu.

nalani

thanks greenie ... so is she "back" with Ross?

I'm so lost here ... I haven't been into any shows lately, except like ku'u, "Everybody Loves Raymond", but I think it's a lack of options rather than choice. I'm not even that into "Drew Carey" anymore ..

Originally posted by kuulani
greenie is right. but i haven't watched the new episodes in awhile either. the older ones are better, and even those don't really hold my interest anymore.

my new show is Everybody Loves Raymond :D

Raymond Berone (sp?) rockZ :headbang:

greenfreak

Update!

Rachel had the baby, they named her Emma (that is my FAVORITE name) and Janice (yes, Janice) was in the labor room with Rachel for a while. Janice came to visit her after and said to Rachel that she was going to have to raise the baby alone when Ross finds someone else and marries her and has his own family. This got Rachel upset but also got her thinking.

So apparently I missed a kiss on the last episode between Ross and Rachel and she brought it up to him and he said, "We should never let that happen again" because he doesn't want to screw it up for the baby.

Ross' mother had given him his grandmother's engagement ring to give to Rachel but Ross refused to do it and said that they weren't getting married. It fell out of Ross' coat while Joey was getting something (after allaying Rachel's fears about being alone-he said he would always be there for her) and he kneeled down to pick it up and then turned and looked at Rachel and she said, "OK".

So it looks like they're setting up a relationship between Joey and Rachel...??

Oh and now Chandler and Monica are inspired to have their own baby and started trying to have one... In the Janitor's closet in the hospital. I have a feeling next season is going to suck.

kuulani

Janice came to visit her after and said to Rachel that she was going to have to raise the baby alone when Ross finds someone else and marries her and has his own family.

That's okay, 'cause Ross will probably divorce whoever else he marries too :D

MuFu

So apparently I missed a kiss on the last episode between Ross and Rachel and she brought it up to him and he said, "We should never let that happen again" because he doesn't want to screw it up for the baby.

Uh huh. That was cool. :D

Ross' mother had given him his grandmother's engagement ring to give to Rachel but Ross refused to do it and said that they weren't getting married. It fell out of Ross' coat while Joey was getting something (after allaying Rachel's fears about being alone-he said he would always be there for her) and he kneeled down to pick it up and then turned and looked at Rachel and she said, "OK".

So it looks like they're setting up a relationship between Joey and Rachel...??

WHAT?!!! No way... Phoebe and Joey has been totally ON since the beginning! :mad2: :eek: :D :p

MuFu.

alex

Joey is Pheobes' backup and Ross is Racheals' backup isn't she....I mean isn't he......or aren't they......awwww hell :(

sbcanada

Joey should get with Rachel because Ross is queer. Most of you remember the episode when he was naked with "Big Ugly Naked Guy" who lives in the apartment that Ross wanted. :D