Fuel Consumption/Car type

K62

I have gone over 200km/h while driving with a friend. I was Also wearing a seatbelt with the strap 3/4 of the way ripped through because his dog chewed it. I think we may have been 17 at the time. Ahhh, the joys of being young(er) and dumb(er). We (he) put it into a muddy ditch once... luckily only going 110ish. We have grown up in 5 years... somewhat.

I don't drive very fast my self, usually try to keep it below 120. I have never had a speeding ticket in my life, and I drive between Halifax, NS and Saint John, NB for the weekends when I can.. yes a girl. I do this almost every weekend (400km each way, when all said, it's about 1,000 km a weekend.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
1000km a weekend? If you guys are experiencing the same gas issues we are that's gotta be mighty expensive!

K62

It's really not too bad. Gas is about $1.00/L right now. The car (1.8L 5 speed) can make it 600km on 40L usually.

It's well worth it to me :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Wow, your gas is actually cheaper than here...we're at 102 as of Sunday and some stations are still closed due to lack of gas after that fire at the refinery...

MrBishop

Wow, your gas is actually cheaper than here...we're at 102 as of Sunday and some stations are still closed due to lack of gas after that fire at the refinery...

That refinery fire was over 3 weeks ago... and we woke up at $1.104/liter this fine morning :p

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
That refinery fire was over 3 weeks ago... and we woke up at $1.104/liter this fine morning :p

Yes it was but they're not at 100% yet and a lot of stations around here ran out of gas when they were shut down and as of Sunday some of them still had not received anymore gas. With that said, gas prices may have dropped again by now but we were paying less than 80cents/litre a month ago so it's been a big jump for us...

POStech

1996 Ford Mustang GT convertible with over 318000km.
City driving I have no idea and I can just make it to Montreal on a full tank.
I think she holds about 55L and she gets the good stuff. Thank goodness work pays for my gas.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
POStech: I dunno what the POS in your name stands for but it always makes me think "Piece of shit"...sorry I can't help it, it's the only thing I know "POS" to stand for!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I also think "Piece of Shit" when they advertise the "POS terminals" on the radio...:D

K62

POStech: I dunno what the POS in your name stands for but it always makes me think "Piece of shit"...sorry I can't help it, it's the only thing I know "POS" to stand for!

Haha, I thought the exact same thing.