Gas Prices - how much are YOU paying?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
The word you're looking for is "recession". The value of everything is dropping. Gas still has a long way to go before it hits rock bottom if oil continues to drop or stabilizes where it is...oil cost is currently less than half its summertime high.

GrandCaravanSE

The word you're looking for is "recession". The value of everything is dropping. Gas still has a long way to go before it hits rock bottom if oil continues to drop or stabilizes where it is...oil cost is currently less than half its summertime high.

Yea after i posted that i went on the interwebz and and did some research, and yes we and alot of other countrys are in a recession. i guess alot of factorys in china are closing due to the US not buying as much.

Inkara1

There's more to gas prices than just OPEC's production. For one thing, investors are pulling their money out of oil to cover their asses elsewhere. Also, people are driving less because they can't afford to go anywhere, lowering demand. Prices started slipping before OPEC cut production and the cut was to keep the price slide from snowballing. Also, a lot of the cost of gas and oil is on speculation, which is why when the cost of a barrel goes up gas prices go up even though the station hasn't bought any of the more expensive fuel yet. But now, they've sold off more expensive fuel and the fuel they're buying now is cheaper.

Aunty Em

Unleaded has dropped from a high of £1.18 per litre to £0.95... I ain't complaining. Let's hope it stays that way for a while. :)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
It's been like that for about a year and a half.

Incorrect. It's been that way for 8-10 months. When I first moved here (a year ago on Sat) and for a few months after that our gas was consistently 2-3 cents/litre cheaper than southern Ontario.

MrBishop

What do you expect?

1- I live in the land of oil (even though we can't seem to get cheaper gas than Ontario)
2- You live in Quebec...seriously...what do you expect?!

Damn taxes!

It dropped to .959 for one day (Yes, I tanked up), and today, it's back to 1.059 :bash:

POStech

Incorrect. It's been that way for 8-10 months. When I first moved here (a year ago on Sat) and for a few months after that our gas was consistently 2-3 cents/litre cheaper than southern Ontario.

forgive me get my dateline wrong

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
forgive me get my dateline wrong

My reply was much harsher sounding than I intended. Tired Nixy + Posting is a bad combo.

Apparently, according to the radio, gas can be had for 89.9 in the city today.

Inkara1

It's been holding in the $2.8X range here the last few days. It seems as though 10-cent-per-day drops won't be happening anymore. :(

pc_builder

Yesterday it was $2.05 and today it was $2.06

Dang, I was hoping to see under-two-dollar-gas again... it's been oh so very long. :(