Gay Penguins & their desire to be parents

chatty kathy

freako104 said:
thats where the controversy comes in. Some say it is a choice some say no.

Prof how is it equal to alcoholism? noone is hurt by it. people are hurt by alcohol and drug abuse.
Thank Goodness no one can see me behind this screen....cept Mare....But I look at it this way if I were on a Island with another female....would I??? well I dont think I could munch the carpet but maybe find myself a way to masterbate!!! nothing against people that are together of the same sex but just not me!!

Mare

freako104 said:
thats you tho and you arent holding it against them. there are those that are

Yep, Kat doesn't hold it against anyone.....

(she has a step daughter that is a lesbian, and has handled the situation quite well, :winkkiss: )

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
MrBishop said:
An interesting thing came to mind - if a person is gay, but prefers to remain heterosexual, is that person mentally unstable?

Back to my questions to answer this one.

If the reason for their homosexual behavior is because of a genetic 'defect' that can be adjusted to what is called 'normal', then your argument has no merit. I'll explain further...

How does a person become homosexual in the first place? I've always argued that it's a choice. Here comes an article that states that it's biological, so choice, in regards to the quoted article, is no longer valid. ;)

freako104

what do you mean by become? you have said it is a choice. now let me ask you do you feel it is really that cut and dry? Personally I think it is more than just a choice tho I agree the choice to act on your sexuality is a choice

Gato_Solo

freako104 said:
what do you mean by become? you have said it is a choice. now let me ask you do you feel it is really that cut and dry? Personally I think it is more than just a choice tho I agree the choice to act on your sexuality is a choice

That's the whole argument, Eric. This article stated that a person is likely homosexual due to differences in the hypothalmus. I've always said that it's a choice. I'm merely throwing out 'new' ideas.

freako104

allright I gotcha. I do want to mention that in the past it was considered a mental disease. and there are many causes of mental diseases as we all know(I do not count it as a mental disease as I have made my stand on it in the past.) that is what made me ask you about the idea of it being biological. Could it also be an emotional thing? sounds odd but maybe emotionally they cannot get from a member of the opposite sex that they are from a member of the same sex

chatty kathy

freako104 said:
allright I gotcha. I do want to mention that in the past it was considered a mental disease. and there are many causes of mental diseases as we all know(I do not count it as a mental disease as I have made my stand on it in the past.) that is what made me ask you about the idea of it being biological. Could it also be an emotional thing? sounds odd but maybe emotionally they cannot get from a member of the opposite sex that they are from a member of the same sex
A Mental disease....NOT.....It is what they want to be and that is it....I feel they are born knowing what they are...They grow up being confused and try to do what is right by society....marriage , kids, the whole deal, only to find out that they are unhappy so now they end up divorced and find their solemate,, sometimes children are already involved.....but if it makes their life more meaningfull and happy that is their choice....I KNOW from experience. I have a step daughter who was married b4....very unhappy, 2 yrs later divorced and is now living with her mate .....they are good for each other and there is a child involved. I joke with them all the time ...telling them they are not licking my snatch and to not make out in front of me but we all do have a great relationship....we joke all the time like xmas....I wanted to know what to buy the little girl....laughing at Tara i said do you want me to get barbie or ken.....To each their own and I LOVE THEM ALL

Gato_Solo

chatty kathy said:
A Mental disease....NOT.....It is what they want to be and that is it....I feel they are born knowing what they are...They grow up being confused and try to do what is right by society....marriage , kids, the whole deal, only to find out that they are unhappy so now they end up divorced and find their solemate,, sometimes children are already involved.....but if it makes their life more meaningfull and happy that is their choice....I KNOW from experience. I have a step daughter who was married b4....very unhappy, 2 yrs later divorced and is now living with her mate .....they are good for each other and there is a child involved. I joke with them all the time ...telling them they are not licking my snatch and to not make out in front of me but we all do have a great relationship....we joke all the time like xmas....I wanted to know what to buy the little girl....laughing at Tara i said do you want me to get barbie or ken.....To each their own and I LOVE THEM ALL

Please read all posts before you make an attack. I know this is a rather long thread, but, please don't rush to judgement until all is digested.