Global Warming

chcr

Too cute for words
They know because they are [trumpet fanfare]SCIENTISTS[/fanfare]. The same folk who tell us all about the dinosaurs what used to run about 72 quidtrillion years ago. Back when we evolved from apes and beat stuff with clubs and dragged our wimmins about by the hair and said "og." The ones who love to tell how we exist because lightning struck a puddle of triptosillysaurus piss at the precise moment of barometric and electromagnetic perfection and caused a critter with a pseudopod to emerge what later became a monkey and shazam, here we are. They know because they have white lab coats and slide rules and clipboards. They got it all worked out on a series of 24 blackboards at Harvard in the math department, and X=pi. Don't question them, they gets a might testy when they have to speak to the common citizenry.

:rolleyes:

1. Scientists don't make such absolute claims. Self-proclaimed experts do.
2. No one who understands anything at all about evolution thinks we evolved from apes (the club stuff and dragging women around stuff comes from cartoons, BTW).
3. I don't think anyone at all has used a slide rule in more than twenty years.

Just to be clear, the rest of your tirade is equally accurate. Another example of how truth is strictly subjective.
:shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The difference between a scientist & an expert (in the same field) is...?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
1. Scientists don't make such absolute claims. Self-proclaimed experts do.
2. No one who understands anything at all about evolution thinks we evolved from apes (the club stuff and dragging women around stuff comes from cartoons, BTW).
3. I don't think anyone at all has used a slide rule in more than twenty years.

Just to be clear, the rest of your tirade is equally accurate. Another example of how truth is strictly subjective.
:shrug:

You ridicule my beliefs, I ridicule yours. Your turn to be in the barrel is all.

chcr

Too cute for words
The difference between a scientist & an expert (in the same field) is...?

Look at it this way. No astronomer worth his salt would guarantee to you that the sun will rise tomorrow because he understands that there are things, however unlikely, which can prevent it. He might quote you odds, but would never give you a guarantee. An astronomy "expert" (such as the media might call upon) might say something like, "Of course the sun will rise tomorrow." Which one will get on TV? A scientist is looking for answers, an expert thinks he's found them.

You'll note that the report released by the climatologists in Paris says, "global warming is occurring and that it is "very likely"—90 percent certain—man-made." Direct physical observation shows that global warming is occurring but an "expert" would have left out the 90% probability and you can bet that even the 90% is hardly a consensus.

Here's an idea. Instead of the "experts" wasting all this time and energy assigning blame for something even most of them agree we can't prevent, let's start making contingency plans for dealing with the problem (preferably plans that don't involve destroying the world economy in the process).

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Here's an idea. Instead of the "experts" wasting all this time and energy assigning blame for something even most of them agree we can't prevent, let's start making contingency plans for dealing with the problem (preferably plans that don't involve destroying the world economy in the process).

me said:
We had ice ages before industrialization. The ice melted. Why?

Still waiting for an answer on this one.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Move to another planet?
Where's that where we sign up to buy some Mars real estate...?

I'll sell you all the space you need, up to 100 acres, for $100,000. Travel arrangements to and from your plot are entirely up to you. :D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Actually I want a piece of Saturn, but I'd have to review the survey plat first.:D

Saturn is not available...at least not until we invent gravity plates to keep you from being crushed when you land there...:)

catocom

well there are jetpacks, that work great, just really expensive.
The flying cars....are called airplanes. ;)

MrBishop

I personally don't want flying cars to exist. After driving for the past 20+ years...I've come to realize that people can't drive in 2 dimensions, and it'd be pretty stupid to give them a third to play with.

catocom

I personally don't want flying cars to exist. After driving for the past 20+ years...I've come to realize that people can't drive in 2 dimensions, and it'd be pretty stupid to give them a third to play with.

eh, I'm still looking for an affordable electric car, that has some horsepower,
longer running.