Global Warming

Winky

paid.JPG

I still am unable to wrap my thick head around this 'writing style':
New jets are one thing. I hope they are also safer in crash situations. The safety of the passengers should come first. Although some pilots and frequent fliers have said that there is no way to keep passengers safe and unharmed in a crash, I believe solutions can still be provided to keep injuries or casualties to a minimum.

Something just seems a bit odd.
I just can't put my finger on it.

Inky, help me out here.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
trusted and popular networks like CBS News...<SNIP>... MTV...

Oh my everloving GAWD! Trusted and CBS news belong in the same sentence like Charles Manson and babysitter belong together.

MTV...yeah, now THERE'S a non-agenda driven source for current news and events!

Real simple pal. Global warming in its current oft-repeated conceptual context is a myth. Only idiots like yourself who would actually believe that grown ups consider CBS reliable would fall for this crap. Someday, if you're lucky and all that, you'll reach the ripe old age of 20. About 6 years later, you'll begin to grow up and realize how much you have been lied to. Or, you'll become a lifelong card carrying member of the liberals, and adults will keep laughing at you, like we here do at our pet liberals.

Until then, I figure you got about 8 years before you'll be seriously expected to become a full-fledged adult and leave your nursery rhymes and all that stuff behind and begin to think logically and maturely. Use them wisely, or be ready for the adults to point and laugh.

Like we're doing right now.

chcr

Too cute for words
Global warming in its current oft-repeated conceptual context is a myth.

Actually, SnP, the global mean temperature is in fact increasing as a long term trend, as one might expect it to during interglacial periods. Some of the evidence that the greenhouse effect is helping it along is not totally spurious. The "We're all gonna die if we don't do something this week" crowd simply overstates the case and the resulting danger. So it's not exactly a myth but a great deal of it is a lie.

We have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little mention of any doubts we may have. Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest.

Stephen Schneider (leading advocate of the global warming theory)
(in interview for Discover magazine, Oct 1989)
If you say it loud enough and often enough it becomes "effectively" true.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
So we're having a planetary hot flash. Yip-friggin-ee. Somebody make some lemonade, I'll fire up the grill, and the steaks and brats should be ready by lunchtime.

Medium rare, right?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Someone mentions that we've risen one degree CENTIGRADE in the last century. The main argument is, is it a natural cycle that we couldn't control even if we wished or is it a western man-made phenomena?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Somebody actually had the gall to say that the kid getting tasered at a democrat function on a state univeristy was dubyas fault. Something about the police state we now live in. :rolleyes:

chcr

Too cute for words
Someone mentions that we've risen one degree CENTIGRADE in the last century. The main argument is, is it a natural cycle that we couldn't control even if we wished or is it a western man-made phenomena?
While, as always, the facts are somewhere in between. It's not really an either/or theory.
Somebody actually had the gall to say that the kid getting tasered at a democrat function on a state univeristy was dubyas fault. Something about the police state we now live in. :rolleyes:
When everybody knows it's Clinton's fault. ;)

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Tasered Kid: his own fault, he was trying to get tasered.

Global Warming: Dinosaurs fault, it is their revenge from the grave.