good places to be hosted by

BlurOfSerenity

i'd like to find a new website hosting place.... hopefully not too expensive, because i'm poor.
advice?
please, and thank you :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Give Insider Hosting a look. ;) That's who hosts us

Single Domain and Multiple Domain options. I'm sure one of them would be cheap enough. Although the disk space and bandwidth is the only thing that really changes between packages, so how much you'd pay with them depends on how much bandwidth you use. (Their pipe is really really huge, gotta pay for it somehow) Overall I think you'll find Insider Hosting to be a great deal for all the stuff you get.

:beerbang:

ris

i thought mirlyn would pop them up :)

i'm on their servers and they've been pretty good ash, not too expensive [30 a year i think] and i've had no propblems with exceeding bandwidth, but then my site is a billy no mates.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
wow, that's a damned good deal too, any problems with your service? do you get shell access?

Mirlyn

Wow....$20 isn't bad at all. The only downside I see is its all FTP and you have to pay extra for SSH (which probably kills the shell access tommyj). If you don't use it though, its hella good! Unlimited MySQL, email, forwarders, and nice disk space. :headbang:

catocom

fury said:
Give Insider Hosting a look. ;) That's who hosts us

Single Domain and Multiple Domain options. I'm sure one of them would be cheap enough. Although the disk space and bandwidth is the only thing that really changes between packages, so how much you'd pay with them depends on how much bandwidth you use. (Their pipe is really really huge, gotta pay for it somehow) Overall I think you'll find Insider Hosting to be a great deal for all the stuff you get.

:beerbang:

Man, I like that Virtual 20000 plan.
I may switch in about 5 months, when my current contract is up.:headbang:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Incredibly premium too. The service is top notch, they won't leave you out in the cold. :beerbang:

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
Jeslek said:
Insider Hosting is incredibly expensive. I have an account with http://www.webhostxl.com/

actually Jes, if you compare the two its not expensive at all. i couldnt even get enough room to host the site from them. the largest diskspace is only 800 mb. we have 1 gig now and need more to even backup the sites properly. plus we get 30 gig of transfer they only offer 20 gig tops. so they would be out of the question for us. but on a smaller scale site that doesnt get the transfer we do it would be great.
Ash a couple things to look for especially if your like me(novice) is to make sure they have a 1-800 number and a forum to post support questions to. otherwise youll never get the help you need.

Hector

Try www.gamingsource.co.uk if you've got a gaming site. They're a great host for any gaming site because of their fast servers, unlimited bandwidth and FTP....plus MySQL.

And fury, your avatar's just freaking me out *peepwall* *poke* :toomuch:

greenfreak

My web host

They have $15.95 per month or $200. per year for 600mb of space. The rest of the details are in that link. I pay a lot less than that for 500mb but I've had my account for two years already.

BlurOfSerenity

Stkshft said:
I just went with www.terabitehosting.com for $20 a year such a great deal.:headbang:

it's been changed to www.mesopia.com , and the plan i'm signing up for has me paying $8/month.

it will be all done, once my mom gets home... i'm using her credit card, and am running into some extremely effective fraud prevention devices, that i need the actual card to get by. lol.

(maybe i can convince her to pay for it all, as a graduation present. i did that when i got my domain name.... for a birthday present)

BlurOfSerenity

see, because i'm incredibly poor.
i have food in my tummy, but i have little money for things that my parents usually make me pay for. like things online.