Guns N' Roses

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
can't stand aerosmith or the stones either.

Stoned, stupid & falling down Aerosmith were prettty damned amazing. Since Joe & Steven kissed & made up, it's all corporate crap. Kinda th esame with teh Stones. I love pre-Some Girls stuff. Since then, *blah*

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
GNR was more than another Stones knockoff IMO. They weren't legendary status or anything, but they were what was needed on the scene at the time. Decent live show back in the day. I always preferred Duff, the bass player anyway. Seemed like a genuine rocker.

2minkey

bootlicker
Stoned, stupid & falling down Aerosmith were prettty damned amazing. Since Joe & Steven kissed & made up, it's all corporate crap. Kinda th esame with teh Stones. I love pre-Some Girls stuff. Since then, *blah*

yeh, since they hooked up with desmond "i pen the cheeze hits" childe. methinks he did a bunch of work with kiss and bon jovi too.

kuulani

Considering I was a teenager when they were "big" I'm really fond of their music. I fail to see how they are a rehash of the Rolling Stones. I sure as hell like a lot their music and I'm sure they would have made history if they hadn't split.

Me too :headbang:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Much more entertaining than watching a bunch of wheelchair laden social security (if they were US citizens) taking long in the tooth has beens.

Sit Down:
Rolling Stones
Ted Nugent
KISS
Aerosmith
Judas Priest
more;

Altron

I don't think it's so much as to see an amazing performance (altho they did perform a few weeks ago, and people said it was good), but to be able to see a great band like that live. That's not an oppurtunity you get every day. Won't be too long before there aren't any more oppurtunities to see guys like that in concert.

It's also about father-son bonding, because my dad saw them in New York in 1982, and is going with me in November, so it should be pretty cool.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
June 20th, 2008. Finished versions of some of the songs that have been around for a long time have been leaked to the Internet.
Nine songs from Guns 'N Roses widely-anticipated album Chinese Democracy leaked onto the internet Wednesday in "mastered, finished" form.

"Skwerl" of the Antiquiet blog didn't say how he or she came to be in possession of the tracks, which are already spreading quickly via torrent tracker sites and other means, but the post's title says it all: "We've Got Chinese Democracy and It's Worth the Wait."

Fans have waited about 14 years for this album. With at least nine songs in the can, the odds were always stacked in favor of their eventual leakage, and now that it's finally happened, the tracks cannot be unleaked.

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/06/guns-n-roses-pu.html

Luis G

Staff member
:yawn: Sorry, Luis, but this is starting to look like the release for "Duke Nukem Forever"...:devious:

I know, but following your analogy, you never had the chance to play a limited version of duke nukem forever ;)

The leaked songs are OK, they don't live up to my expectations but still OK.

Luis G

Staff member
Izzy I can believe, the rest of the band were mostly just musicians, they didn't compose much of the material.